Thanks to ORU Band & Students

Hoops Fan

Our band and student body did a fantastic job of representing ORU at the tournament this weekend. 

Our band played at every opportunity, never taking a break.  They sounded great and worked hard through the entire tournament.  Plus, unlike many of the other schools, never berated the other team's players.  The students that made the trip painted up in ORU colors and cheered the whole way - without denigrating the other teams or officials.  We had fans from McNeese and Southeastern Louisiana sit in the ORU section and cheer on the Golden Eagles.  They said they had been treated great at ORU and if they couldn't win, they were cheering for us.

It's great to win the conference, win the tournament and do it in a way that positively represents the school.

Thanks for making the trip!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

• Upvote 1

+100..... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Although I didn't see it live as I was out of town on business, I watched the whole game online the next day. I, too, was very proud of our students and fans. This is what I believe Oral Roberts had in mind in valuing our sports programs. Kevi and Coach Misty's interviews were a wonderful example of Godly influence in the world of sports. Congratulations to all who have contributed so much and especially to the seniors who have left their mark.