Tulsa World letter to the editor...

oruvoice

Very hilarious, OT.

Props to ORUAlumnus for having my back.

The thing that gets me the most is the fact that the TW found that letter 'important' enough to run? Struck me as odd, that such a letter would make the paper...

So, being the curious sort...I typed the name of the writer of the letter to the editor into facebook and guess what...

As one of his "favorite" pages, he has...drumroll please...UNIVERSITY OF TULSA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL. :-D

Very hilarious, OT.

Props to ORUAlumnus for having my back.

The thing that gets me the most is the fact that the TW found that letter 'important' enough to run? Struck me as odd, that such a letter would make the paper...

Please see my reply in the "Comments" section on the web version of the Letter To The Editor - I told the clown if he REALLY wanted a shock, he should try going to a TU, OU, or OSU game and sitting next to the student section. :-o

Great comments by several posters. At least someone is talking about ORU women's basketball. ORUVoice is awesome and helps set a great atmosphere for the games.

Over the years I've attened college basketball games in 44 different arena's.  ORU Voice does a great job.  Many game PA's (including TU) use the  1-2-33333333! for a made 3.

TU does that (1-2-3) now, too? Interesting...especially considering the author of the letter is a supporter of TU women's basketball.

I smell a rat.

Why do I get the feeling that if someone had written a similar letter about TU's PA guy it never would have seen the light of day?

Why do I get the feeling that if someone had written a similar letter about TU's PA guy it never would have seen the light of day?

Precisely.

The author is a prominent businessman (banking) in Tulsa and is know for being a bit 'difficult'. I find it very interesting that he would write this letter - and that the Tulsa World would choose to publish it.

Mike does a great job as ORU's announcer and certainly adds to the whole game experience. Of course he is going to be partisan - he is calling the games for ORU.

Whoever wrote that letter to the editor is a bit of a moron....and the editor who decided it deserved space in the Tulsa World is a complete moron....that kind of stuff goes on in EVERY college basketball arena in America and also in the pros...TU games must be pretty boring if this guy has to pick on poor old ORU........I have heard Voice on TV....he does a fine job.....go pick on somebody else....please...... |(

Perhaps the Tulsa World printed the letter to the editor because they felt it would trigger some discussion about the topic, like it has on their message board and our message board.  The point of the letter however is silly.  Of all the things to complain about.  It must have been a good game if we kept hitting so many 3s that he just couldn't handle it anymore.

Voice... I saw the letter in the paper the day it ran and had a great laugh.   I thought the author was a banker (actually the owner of a bank I believe) and couldn't figure out why he would take the time to write such a small commentary.  Makes sense if he is a TU homey that the only thing he could find to complain about is our Voice.  There are plenty of other things he could have picked on.  Maybe next time he will comment on the fact that he had to park RIGHT NEXT TO THE ARENA, or that he HAD PLENTY OF LEG ROOM where he was sitting, or that the ATHLETES ARE REALLY GOOD, or that HE DIDN'T HEAR A BUNCH OF CURSING FROM OUR COACHES AND PLAYERS (well at least most of the time).   Can't wait to see his next objective and intellectually challenging letter. 

As for you young man keep up the good work.     Love the "1-2-3"s, the "Mmmmickey Mmmmangum"s, the "That's his second foul, and the second team foul...... of the second half"s, and most of all the "ORU SPIRIT EXPRESS" done with a patented and oft immitated gutteral fry!    You da man!

Next letter to the editor: Bob hates it when ORU does that thing where they display more points on the scoreboard for ORU than their opponent. How unsportsmanlike! Is that just a typical bush league ORU thing or does everyone do that now?