McNeese St 76 ORU 71

theeagleman5

Kevi drops in 24 but it's not enough as ORU suffers a tough 76-71 loss to the Cowgirls of McNeese.....this one will drop us out of first place in the Southland..... :sweat:

shocker!  They have been less than mediocre on the road all year......  Im sure voice will have some powerful, encouraging words for his best friends!

i hated the timeout after the cooper three with about six minutes left that pulled ORU to within one (McNeese went on a 7-0 run after the ORU timeout).  i think Old Titan has mentioned his dislike of these timeouts before on the men's board and that a lot of coaches uses them (including coach sutton). i agree, it makes no sense to me to call a timeout right after a momentum bucket and allow the other team to draw up an offensive play when it's the type of play that could put them on tilt...not to mention the burning of a timeout in a very close game that could have been used in the final minute of the game.  i'm not saying it cost ORU the game, but boy i'm not a fan taking those timeouts in that particular situation.

oh well, McNeese is a good team and the tournament should come down to them and ORU. 

I'm not sure about that specific timeout, but usually coaches may call a timeout in that situation to set up the press. Could certainly be a momentum killer but if you get a steal due to the press and score again it is a momentum builder.

shocker!  They have been less than mediocre on the road all year......  Im sure voice will have some powerful, encouraging words for his best friends!

Congrats on ORU losing to one of the top teams in the conference, on the road. I knew you'd be back to gloat.

Encouraging words? Sure. I will always encourage my team and coaches. Sorry if that bothers you so much.

Notice how some posters show up only after a loss?....McNeese is pretty good....would have been a nice win to get...especially since we have to go to Lamar for what will be a brutal game tomorrow night....not gonna be easy..... :sweat: