ORU v OSU at ONEOK Field

Section A

While I appreciate the best home schedule I can remember, I believe ORU shouldn’t be scheduling ball games at ONEOK Field. As a baseball box seat season ticket holder and ORU donor I make a significant financial commitment to the ORU baseball program and resent the fact that a key ORU “home†game is not played at JL Johnson (and included in my season ticket package). ORU gives up home field advantage to an instate rival for no reason. If OSU doesn’t want to play at JL Johnson then don’t schedule the game! ORU Athletics will state that the game is good for ORU because of the exposure. Bull! I also doubt that ORU gains anything financially from the deal at ONEOK. The rent at JL Johnson is -0- and ORU gets 100% of the ticket revenue. What type of cut does ORU get from a game at ONEOK? My guess is the deal works great for OSU who gets 50% (or more) of the net and allows their fans a chance to see them in a virtual home game in Tulsa. Since tickets are purchased via the Drillers Ticket Office ORU isn’t even given a specific section for its fans to sit together. The game will be a sea of orange.

I don't remember exactly how the seating worked last time but I believe there was an ORU area and an OSU area because I was surrounded by ORU fans. The new Drillers stadium is really nice so it will be a fun and unique experience.

You are probably right that OSU may not have done it otherwise but I expect a larger crowd than could have fit at Johnson stadium. Who knows how the financial arrangement works but I hope ORU gets a decent chunk of the revenue.