TX A&M-CC at ORU

theeagleman5

ORU rolling again tonight vs. the lowly Islanders....it's 47-26 at half....Kevi back in form with 16 pts.....looks like an easy victory tonight at Mabee Center..... :clap:

ORU's lead has shrunk to 61-48 with 8 minutes to play....the girls have gotten sloppy in the 2nd half against this Corpus Christi team that has only won a few games all season.....Kevi has 24....Shelton with 10.....time to put the Islanders away and on the bus home to Texas..... :nerd:

ORU pulls away for a 81-59 victory over TX A&M-CC.....Kevi leads with 26....Shelton 18....Bigham 12 and Buck 11......The GoldenEagles are now 13-11 with two blowout wins this week...... :clap:

ORU pulls away for a 81-59 victory over TX A&M-CC.....Kevi leads with 26....Shelton 18....Bigham 12 and Buck 11......The GoldenEagles are now 13-11 with two blowout wins this week...... :clap:

....and with SHSU 20-point loss to Central Arkansas and Lamar's 19-point loss to McNeese State, ORU is now atop the Southland standings by 1/2 game.  We need to play well on Tuesday against UCA to stay on top of the standings and not ruin Kevi's, Jaci's and Savanna's Senior night!!

First place?!? Well, what do you know?

Hard to imagine that tomorrow will be Kevi, Jaci, & Savanna's last home game. 4 years go by fast.

First place?!? Well, what do you know?

Hard to imagine that tomorrow will be Kevi, Jaci, & Savanna's last home game. 4 years go by fast.

It IS pretty amazing.  I remember so well their freshman season - they've provided some great times for ORU fans.

Hard to imagine tomorrow being the last time we will see those girls play in the Mabee Center.  I have been following ORU women's basketball for 17 years and I can honestly say that the 3 seniors on this years team have been the most exciting trio yet.

When you look at everything that they have accomplished on the court as well as off the court you can see how they have all grown as individuals.  I have no doubts that they past 4 years have given these ladies everything they need to excel in their futures, wherever it may lead them.

TheEagleman is gonna miss Kevi most of all...... :inlove:

Yeah, I love it:  we lose, it's Misti's fault.  We win; it's because of the three seniors.

I had someone who's on here all the time tell me that one of the girl's parents complained to them about how critical I (for one) has been of Kevi lately, which couldn't be more wrong.

My problem in this forum isn't with Kevi; it's with the Kevi-ites, who feel that she can do no wrong, and therefore jump to the conclusion that if things aren't going well for the team, it HAS to be the coaches' fault - Jerry OR Misti.

Look, players and coaches win games together

Players and coaches lose games together.

That's what makes it a team game.

I just wish the Kevi-ites could remember that simple fact, before blaming every bump in the road on the coaching staff (former or current).

All of this crap makes me sad. Why can't we just enjoy the season and team? Why can't we just enjoy the three seniors that have worked hard, worn the ORU uniform, and represented all of us (and the school) in such a positive way?

It's unfortunate that a couple of chuckleheads (on the board), have caused so much mischief.

I just hope the 3 seniors and their families understand, depsite a couple of people with an agenda, 99% of ORU fans & alumni are appreciative of the commitment and hard work of the 3 ladies' that will play their final home game tonight. All 3 will be sorely missed and fondly remembered!

Sometimes I wonder if the "chuckleheads", as Voice calls them, even believe some of the stuff they say. Plenty of people get their kicks by trolling a message board, intentionally posting outlandish things and laughing at the outraged responses. I suspect some of the worst offenders fall into that category.

The team seems to be playing their best at the right time. Hard to believe these players have been here four years - how time flies. They are fun to watch and have been great ambassadors for ORU.

Sometimes I wonder if the "chuckleheads", as Voice calls them, even believe some of the stuff they say. Plenty of people get their kicks by trolling a message board, intentionally posting outlandish things and laughing at the outraged responses. I suspect some of the worst offenders fall into that category.

Quite likely.

All of this crap makes me sad. Why can't we just enjoy the season and team? Why can't we just enjoy the three seniors that have worked hard, worn the ORU uniform, and represented all of us (and the school) in such a positive way?

It's unfortunate that a couple of chuckleheads (on the board), have caused so much mischief.

I just hope the 3 seniors and their families understand, depsite a couple of people with an agenda, 99% of ORU fans & alumni are appreciative of the commitment and hard work of the 3 ladies' that will play their final home game tonight. All 3 will be sorely missed and fondly remembered!

Amen.

Unless, of course, you consider ME to be a "Chucklehead", in which case you and me gonna throw down. :punch:

Sadly, you are one of the message board bright spots.

It kills me to have to say that...

It's all relative - there's nothing like being a jumbo shrimp. :muscle: