Looking back

oruvoice

Since there seems to be a certain segment of the 'fanbase', that likes to looks back (rather than forward), I decided to do a little research. Mind you, I really didn't NEED to do this research, because I knew that the loss of Georgia, Jordan, & Dominique was pretty significant.

When looking at these numbers, also factor in the senior leadership these ladies' brought and the toughness that all three brought to the table, especially Georgia & Jordan.

Jordan Pyle - 11.6 PPG & 6.3 RPG

Georgia Jones - 9.1 PPG & 4.5 APG

Dominique Allen - 4.3 PPG & 4.1 RPG

Also, if you combine the three, they averaged 5.7 steals per game.

Now, I may not be the brightest bulb in the lamp, but it would seem like this season has been pretty decent considering...

Voice, seriously? Those girls were inconsistent AT BEST! You never knew what you were going to get from any of them! I'd take cooper, shelton and key over those 3 any day!!!

Jordan Pyle was a HUGE contributor all 4 years and was the threat down low that prevented opponents from focusing totally on Kevi. Even with the strong contributions from Cooper, this team sorely misses Jordan Pyle. You haven't watched much ORU women's basketball over the last 4 years if the best description you could give of Jordan Pyle is "inconsistent at best". She was the key to making the offense run effectively.

She understood the offense very well and knew exactly where to be to either play the inside-outside game and kick out to Kevi or Jaci, or how to get open to receive the pass in motion on her way to the basket and often scored fairly easy lay ups before the defense could rotate to cover her.

I specifically remember Finkbeiner saying that she was the perfect type of forward to play in his offense. She also battled for rebounds and often scored on put backs. She was more effective because she was a smart player.

That is why she started so many games. She was a fun player to watch who made the most of her talents.

She was the leading rebounder by far and second leading scorer during her junior and senior seasons.

2012 11.6 points 6.3 rebounds 26 games started

2011 15.4 points 8.7 rebounds 33 games started

She understood the offense very well and knew exactly where to be to either play the inside-outside game and kick out to Kevi or Jaci, or how to get open to receive the pass in motion on her way to the basket and often scored fairly easy lay ups before the defense could rotate to cover her.

I specifically remember Finkbeiner saying that she was the perfect type of forward to play in his offense. She also battled for rebounds and often scored on put backs. She was more effective because she was a smart player.

That is why she started so many games. She was a fun player to watch who made the most of her talents.

She was the leading rebounder by far and second leading scorer during her junior and senior seasons.

2012 11.6 points 6.3 rebounds 26 games started

2011 15.4 points 8.7 rebounds 33 games started

Two fantastic posts Jason!

Those stats were in the uptempo days of ORU basketball.  Last years stats are inflated by this years game plan (Kevi is living proof).  On this years team Jordan may avg 7 points a game... Georgia can't play a lick of man to man defense so she won't play hardly at all behind jaci and taylor and christian, and then Dominique wouldn't get a lick of time behind Detti.  I mean what are you guys looking at?

Georgia wouldn't play hardly at all on this year's team?

Dominique wouldn't get a lick of time on this year's team?

At this point, I just have to think that you are just a jokester, saying the most ridiculous things that come to your mind, just for a response. In the pantheon of your ridiculous posts, this one takes the cake.

Your posts have gone from sad to downright pathetic. Please stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

Georgia was a streaky shooter, as many good shooters are, but when she got in the zone she was definitely valuable to the team. She wasn't strong defensively but this year's team could definitely use another good 3 point shooter so she would have certainly had a role on this year's team.

Dominique was inconsistent but was also improving. It is difficult to say how much she would have contributed. She showed flashes of real talent but would also disappear at times.

No question though that Jordan and Georgia are definitely missed.