Preseason Southland Baseball Predictions

ORUJason

The Tulsa World had a nice article this morning about Ryan Folmar and the team. They mentioned that ORU was picked to finish 3rd in the Southland after SHSU and SELA. This team is used to being the favorite. I wonder how they feel about bring picked 3rd.

I know the Southland is a good baseball conference but I suspect we will finish above the 3rd place prediction.

There will be a lot on the line in the Southland baseball tournament and I know the season hasn't even started yet but I like the fact that pitching is considered to be this team's strength. Barring injury, when the Southland tournament gets here, I like the idea of rolling out 2 studs and letting the chips fall where they may.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ORU/article.aspx?subjectid=95&articleid=20130210_95_B2_CUTLIN43098

Only 5 days until the first pitch is thrown at JLJ vs. St. Louis U......playing in the Southland should make things a lot more competitive for ORU.....just wondering why the conference only plays 3 games per weekend instead of 4 like in the Summit.....the Saturday DHs made sense......but I guess they have their reasons for playing just the 3..... :|