Let the "Oral Roberts" blogs begin

hawaee1

Wednesday Morning Knee-Jerk: Oral Roberts leads name game

?

By Gregg Doyel

CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Tell Gregg your opinion!

? By winning the Mid-Continent championship Tuesday night, Oral Roberts is in the 2006 NCAA Tournament. You think that makes Brigham Young even more anxious to get into the bracket? Seriously, when one evangelist's eponymous school does something special, does the other evangelist's eponymous school celebrate? Or does it get jealous?

Oral Roberts' Ken Tutt earned a souvenir Tuesday. (AP)

?

And if BYU doesn't get a bid and it's still sunny on Selection Sunday, does that mean God is pleased with selection committee chairman Craig Littlepage?

These are the questions I have.

Ponder with me, or go ahead and read the Wednesday Morning Knee Jerk.

You're in: Along with Oral Roberts, two others -- South Alabama of the Sun Belt and Wisconsin-Milwaukee of the Horizon League -- won their conference tournaments to claim NCAA bids.

Evangelism note: South Alabama isn't named for a region of a state. It's actually a small private school in Pittsburgh, named for a Jehovah's Witness named "South Alabama." Poor kid had strange parents. But you knew that.

Attention Jehovah's Witnesses: No, you can't get me fired.

You're out: After losing to Oral Roberts, Chicago State can hold its breath for an at-large bid -- but only if it has Morganna's lungs. The Cougars are 11-19. Surely there are more worthy teams. Maybe Houston.

Silver lining: Chicago State didn't need to be going to the NCAA Tournament anyway. All that would have done is draw attention to its potential NCAA calamity. The CSU women's basketball team was found guilty of a major violation barely two years ago, making it susceptible to the NCAA's stringent "repeat violator" status -- and the NCAA has been looking again at the school of late. Two other Mid-Continent programs told CBS SportsLine.com they've begun looking for extra non-conference games for next season, just in case Chicago State's entire athletic department gets hit with the death penalty. But now that the Cougars' season is over, that story won't have to be told.

Oops: Guess I just told it.

Could this be the start of ORU being house-hold name?

Guess he was trying to be funny, but I thought Doyel's "Knee-Jerk" article was less than complimentary to our program.

Elsewhere on the Sportsline website he's also picking us as a #16 seed.