ORU 90....SE Lousiana 48

theeagleman5

ORU delights the homecoming crowd with another rout...this time a 42 pt win over the Lady Lions of SE La.....22 for Key and 19 for Luper.....good to see the ladies back on track.... :clap:

As they say....even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut.... |(

Coach Fink....but just kidding....he wasn't THAT bad....TheEagleman has no desire to see him lose at Utah State......but hey, Kevi got Southland player of the week again....all is right in the world..... :inlove:

Was there some bad blood between the athletic department and coach Finkbeiner when he left?  I have heard that he, dave wilburs and rick karr, all coaches who recruited and coached Elisha Turek were not even notified that she was being inducted to the HOF!!!

Sniping about Finkbeiner.   I don’t really understand the periodic derogatory snipping at coach Finkbeiner that pop up on this site.   What is it about his time at ORU that raises people’s ire?  He’s here for 16-years, delivers winning teams and 8 post season trips (5 NCAA), has over 250 victories, recruits and coaches some great players (Turek, Ragan, Bradley, Luper, Bigham, et.al.), has a solid Christian image, and leaves the program in solid shape with a quality/experienced assistant coach and veteran players.

What am I missing?   Did he step of peoples toes on his way out?   Has he said something bad about the ORU program?   There must be something that the casual fan isn’t seeing…   Just seems strange…

EaglesFan - I'm guessing that it's as simple as "he's not ours anymore, so he must not be any good"...

I have a great deal of respect for Coach Fink - and appreciate all he did for the women's basketball program.  I wish that he hadn't left, but I also wish him the best of success at Utah State.  And, I'm very glad to see Misti get her chance to lead this program in the future - and believe she will be great for ORU.

I never understand the "I hope Coach Fink fails miserably at Utah State" mentality....just doesn't make sense.  His future success will make us look good - just as Bill Self's success at Kansas has built up the stature of the men's program.  I'd love to see both ORU and USU both be highly successful in the future - both coaches are well-deserving.

Sniping about Finkbeiner.   I don’t really understand the periodic derogatory snipping at coach Finkbeiner that pop up on this site.   What is it about his time at ORU that raises people’s ire?  He’s here for 16-years, delivers winning teams and 8 post season trips (5 NCAA), has over 250 victories, recruits and coaches some great players (Turek, Ragan, Bradley, Luper, Bigham, et.al.), has a solid Christian image, and leaves the program in solid shape with a quality/experienced assistant coach and veteran players.

What am I missing?   Did he step of peoples toes on his way out?   Has he said something bad about the ORU program?   There must be something that the casual fan isn’t seeing…   Just seems strange…

There is 'more to the story'. But, airing it out at this point, is pointless.

We would all be better off (Fink's lovechild and Fink detractors), to let it go.

We have an OUTSTANDING new coach and coaching staff, leading our team NOW and into the future!

Oh, and a point of clarification...he did not recruit (or sign) Kisa Bradley. She was already here, when he took over.

I had seen that before, in other places besides this thread, and thought it should be clarified.

Either way, he was a decent coach. Did some nice things. But, time to move on...Fo Sho.

That's who I thought you meant but wanted to be sure.  I didn't think you were criticizing Coach Cussen.  She seems to have the team hitting its stride.  The offense is coming around while the defense remains solid.  I like the direction that this team is heading.

Voice, it is time that I just go ahead and get kicked off this board since they don't want to remove me.... you are truly an IDIOT!!!!  My grandchildren make more sense than you do.  You don't have the slightest clue about anything that you are talking about.  You simply want to protect your new coaching staff and best friends..  I have never in my life seen a groupee such as yourself.  You must have grown up being that kid that got picked last in recess to play sports, even the girls must have been picked before you because you sure do have a chip on your shoulder.  If there was no Finkbeiner there would have been No Ragan, Turek, Brady, Luper, Bigham, he brought in the best players that school has EVER seen, and you want to criticize the guy!  What a tool you are

Finkbeiner put the program where it is now.  He led them to more accolades than Sutton has led the men to.  You are praising a new coach that is not yet proven more than you are giving respect to a coach who has accomplished more than any current men's or women's basketball coach!

You say its a wonder I haven't been removed from this forum, heck, I say its crazy that they allow you to post the untruths and junk that you do and be able to be involved with the program, however small of a part you may be!

I say look at it this way, there must be a reason that the school lost SO MANY coaches and athletic dpt staff in the last 5-10 years

Dave Wilburs

Rick Karr

Vince Volpe

Mike Minyard

Jerry Finkbeiner

Rob Walton

Funny how all but 1 moved to "better" jobs.. I guess had they not got it done at ORU they wouldn't have been considered for better jobs.  I guess if ORU was such a great place to work then so many people would not be looking for other jobs...  Just saying.  Keep on posting your nonsense voice, if nothing else, it is certainly amusing!

So now, on top of taking pot shots at our current coaching staff, you attack our entire athletic department? And, call me an IDIOT?

I am going to hold my tongue. I am going to turn the other cheek. As hard as it is and as wrong as you are, about...everything. You truly are CLUELESS on just about every topic.

I will say this...if your poison is allowed to fester on this message board, I am out. Can't argue with willful ignorance and uneducated bias.

Have at it Old Timer. The women's basketball message board is yours!

Listen youngen I am far more educated in every aspect than yourself! Btw add Tom Hankins and Eric Eli to that list of coaches gone!!!

It is a good thing u decided to quit bantering with me, everyone was tired of your baseless points anyway

OldTimer: I have been more than patient with your posts. Our philosophy is to use a light hand in terms of censoring banter and conversation on the board. But you have broken the rules of keeping your posts directed towards the subject matter and not denigrating coaches and players. The key is to communicate but not be personal or derogatory towards players, coaches or anyone else.

Please show me where I have bantered your players or coaches or where I have personally said derogatory words toward a player or coach! It hasn't happened! I have questioned their style but have never been derogatory! As for getting off the subject, every one of my original posts in these threads are within the subject matter, it isn't until voice comes in with his talk of "the other coach" that the subject changes! The proof is in the threads if you are to look back! But then again, I guess he gets a pass since he is the almighty best friend of a TU soccer coach!

I will keep further posts on topic