Lamar

Holtontulsa

Should be a solid game tonight.  If we play like we are capable of doing so, we should win this ball game.  Lamar is in a 3 way tie for 1st in the league at 5-1 with an overall record of 12-4.

Could use 20+ from Luper tonight, for sure!

Go get-me ladies

Game started slow, 8-4 for Lamar at the first media time out! Playing man to man defense, 17-9 oru at the second media time out after switching to zone defense!

15:26 left in the game, 48-23 oru, Luper w 13 and 4 fouls

Looks like the ladies decided to show up tonight.....ORU up 77-43 over first place Lamar with just 3 minutes left....Cooper 20....Shelton 19....Bingham and Luper 13 each.....ORU on their way to a big win against a very good team...the Cardinals came in to Mabee at 12-4....but will leave 12-5...... :nerd:

That looked like a different team than the one that played at SHSU.  Great game from everyone tonight.

Lamar had no answer for ORU's trapping zone. 

ORU wins 77-48.....thats a very nice win for the ladies....but still only 13 for Kevi.....something strange there...... :nerd:

Was a great game! Eagle, to answer ur ? About Kevi, I think we came accustomed to her getting 25 a game, obviously! I think since the transition points are down this year a bit and her steals are down, I think that all plays into it! Where she probably averaged 10 points a game in transition the past three years she isn't getting that now! Still though, great win regardless

Yes, JJ....a great win and a good point by you........and ORU win over the Lamar ladies tonight by 29 points is a sign of good things to come........we will need another big performance on Saturday vs. a very strong McNeese St. squad.... :nerd:

Plus, there's no question that defenses are keying on her.  She's picking up charge calls every game - I think that's at least partially because the defense is watching for her to drive and is waiting for her. 

When the defense keys on Kevi, it opens things up for her teammates and fortunately they are figuring out how to take advantage of that.

Nice TEAM win! Taylor and Sarah, had really good games. Jaci was solid, as usual.

As far as Kevi, she will be fine. As discussed, things are a little different this year. She will find her groove. Just need to be patient and not force things.

And for my man JJONES...we actually started making our early run, BEFORE we went to the zone. That said, against Lamar the zone WAS the answer.