ORU at Texas A&M-CC

theeagleman5

The ORU ladies overcome a slow first half to rout the host Islanders by 58-41.....Kevi saddled with foul problems gets only 5 but Christian Key drops 21 and Sarah Shelton scores 11....Jaci with 9 pts...7 boards and 7 assists....ORU now 7-8 overall and 4-1 in the Southland.....Texas A&M-CC drops to 1-15....ouch......TheEagleman just watched the ORU Sports Report on FCS and is wondering if Kevi is burdened with wedding plans....is that affecting her play???.....hummmmmmmmmmm????.......just sayin'........ :sweat:

Kevi has always been an aggressive defender... Playing man to man will get her in foul trouble quicker.. Which has happened on more than one occasion this year, which leads to less steals, less points, less shots, less free throws.  Once again, Old Timer is proved right!  Wrong style offense and defense for this team.  Yes, they won.  58 points?  Must be like watch paint dry!

Then, don't watch.

Maybe you can start following OU women's hoops and spend your valuable time criticizing Sherri Coale, at every turn.

If you don't like the current situation so much, then go away.

I think two of her fouls were charge calls.It wouldn't seem to have much to do with her defense - she had an off night shooting the ball.

Voice, this place is a "Public" message board!!!!  Open to praise and criticism......  I am glad that you feel the need to defend everyone, maybe you are just a pleasing kind of guy, nothing wrong with that, the world needs it.  I, on the other hand am more of a realist.  And I can promise you that there isn't anyone around that knows a lick about basketball that would say this team plays better when they play man to man... 

I make obvious points that are proven in numbers, proven in stats, team wise and individually!!!!!  And as for me only being concerned with individual stats????????  Every offensive team stat is down this year.  EVERY ONE OF THEM!!!!!  Yes, we are allowing fewer points per game, but certain individuals are looking to play beyond college and with dwindling minutes, dwindling offensive production due to lacking minutes and being benched for foul trouble are hurting those chances.

You are right about one thing, if you were to ask, point blank, any girl on that team whether they are concerned about individual stats, their response would be no............The political answer is always the answer that you are going to get.....

On a brighter note............ Christian Key found her game!!!!!!!  She is playing lights out!

With a personal agenda, to malign our new coach, being the sole and only reason for your posts...I am dumbfounded as to why your account hasn't been banned?

You started in after about 4 games and keep beating the same drum.

As far as playing at the next level, learning to play defense is going to be THE KEY for anyone on this current roster. If you can't guard a PRO player, it doesn't matter that the coach in college took you out against Podunk State, when we were up 50. WNBA doesn't play gimmick defenses, as their main staple. Good players make your idol's gimmick defense look stupid. That junk only works at the NAIA, very low-major college, or high school level. Your ignorance shows thru...again.

Seriously...ban this clown and make him go back to posting solely under his other orusports.com account. He (like his hero Fink) is only here to cause trouble.

Show me in 1 post where I have maligned your coach?  I don't have to agree with the style they play and I don't, it isn't something I hide.  But never, have I berated them, called them names, or said anything rude towards them as individuals.

And as for you thinking I am in cahoots with someone else involved with this message board or if you think I have another "name" on this message board, it just simply goes to show that lack of credibility you have my friend!!!!

I lack credibility? HA! LOL! You are the one that has created another 'persona', so that you can question/criticize every move our new coach has made, since almost day 1.

Not to mention, that I know your true identity, yet have not divulged it on the board...and, I lack credibility?

Like I said before, why the moderators have allowed you to hijack the women's board is perplexing?

Show you 1 post where you maligned our (not your) coach??? Just look at any of them. Yet, you do it in a 'nice' way, hiding behind your fake persona and claiming that you are giving your OPINION, simply because you CARE.

Awesome!!! Someone is on my side! I'm thinking old timer and voice need to have a private thread just for themselves!!

Both have opinions that they r both entitled to!

This ongoing crap makes me want to apologize to JJONES for thinking he was over the top.

This ongoing crap makes me want to throw up.

How we can allow someone whose ONLY DESIRE is to criticize our coach, to have free reign here, is ridiculous?!?

How I am the only one who notices it and is offended by it, is baffling?

Our team is improving. Playing more as a team. Role players are stepping up. We are 4-1 in conference. YET...this clown is allowed to have free run of this board, with only one (impure) motive.

If this poster's name was TUFAN...he would have been banned by now.

Allowing this ongoing crap, seriously makes me not even want to open this board.

If we were 2-14 and 0-5 in conference, that would be one thing.

Hoping all this silliness will die a natural death.  If I respond to what's being posted in some way I'm accused of being too quick on the trigger.  If I don't respond I'm chastised for not stopping the nonsense!  I've clearly got the priorities of this board all Messed up!

Leadership is such a heavy burden . . .  :unsure:

;-)

I think many agree with you.  We just choose not to engage.  It's not worth the frustration. 

I am beginning to agree with you.

So....Kevi isn't distracted by the upcoming wedding plans???...... :nerd: