SFA at ORU

theeagleman5

ORU has expanded a one point halftime lead to 12 and leads SFA by 53-41 at Mabee Center tonight with 9 minutes left.....Bingham and Key have 17 each...Luper having another bad shooting night (2-10 so far) and has only 7 points....but it appears as though the GoldenEagles will come thru and win this one..... :nerd:

Not so fast, my friends....TheEagleman kiss of death perhaps?.....SFA has battled back to cut the ORU lead to 3 at 56-53 with four minutes left....Kevi now 2-12 from the field with a horrific shooting night.....let's hope the ladies can pull this one out.... :sweat:

ORU hangs on to win over SFA, 63-56......Key leads with 20, Bigham a double double with 17 points and 10 assists....Kevi chips in with 12.....ORU now 3-1 in the Southland..... :clap:

good to see ORU win one when Luper has an off game.

another great game from Key.  i think she is liking this whole starting thing.

Kevi hasn't really been at the top of her game in 2013...imagine how good this team could be once she gets going....just a matter of time...TheEagleman believes in Kevi....... :inlove:

with all due respect, any time you have a new coaching staff, with new defensive and offensive schemes, players numbers will most certainly drop.  Unfortunately this is happening in Kevi's final year at ORU.  She he been the on the receiving end of the POW award in the southland conference once maybe???  She dominated those awards in years past after checking the summit archives...  You do not get the caliber of player like Kevi at ORU but once every 15-20 years maybe.  Which makes me wonder why Jerry Finkbeiner would have left with what would have been a great team coming back!!

with all due respect, any time you have a new coaching staff, with new defensive and offensive schemes, players numbers will most certainly drop.  Unfortunately this is happening in Kevi's final year at ORU.  She he been the on the receiving end of the POW award in the southland conference once maybe???  She dominated those awards in years past after checking the summit archives...  You do not get the caliber of player like Kevi at ORU but once every 15-20 years maybe.  Which makes me wonder why Jerry Finkbeiner would have left with what would have been a great team coming back!!

What does being POW have to do with anything? Are you back to focusing on individual awards? You realize that basketball is a team sport, right? With Fink gone, I think you are the ONLY person, player, or fan that focuses so much on individual stats and awards. It's a new era. Time to get with the TEAM concept and be a TEAM player, Old Timer!

Kevi IS a great player. But, to say that ORU only gets a player like her every 20 years is uneducated and just plain wrong. You may not have been around very long, but there was a player at ORU just a few years back that was every bit as good, maybe even better. She had red hair. You might look up some old video on her...

Not to mention, a few years before her, we had the most dominant post player in school history, who enjoyed a nice career in the WNBA. And, just a few years before that, had a girl that set almost every record in the ORU record books...scoring, rebounding, etc.

And finally...if you know so much, you know the reasons why the old coach left. I have an idea for you......it's an earth shattering concept......so, you might want to sit down........wait for it...................he's gone, LET IT GO! Rather than your every thought consumed (or at least tainted), with the thought of HIM, focus on THIS YEAR'S TEAM! Enjoy the senior's. Cheer for the youngsters. Support the new coaches.

By the way...the team and staff we have NOW, is a pretty good bunch to support!

After looking at WNBA stats, I am not seeing an ORU player that played in the WNBA....  Kisa Bradley, who is the only post player that came out of ORU that played in a comp league, played in the ABA????  Is that who you are referring to?

Ok Voice, let me do some research for you to prove your points are not quite so perfect......  Kisa Bradleys "NICE" career in the WNBA as you put it lasted all of 1 year with San Jose...... Nice career, yes!

Not to take anything away from Krista Ragan, she was a fantastic player.  That being said, Kevi broke all of her recored in her junior year and it took krista 6 years to play 4.  Kevi is also 3 inches taller and light years quicker and fast than Krista ever was and also a much better athlete.  I didn't see Krista winning titles in track as well.

The "great player who played years ago that set records (that kevi has also broken) played the most games against non d1 opponents.... Kevi has played against more BCS schools than any of those players you mention.

So, yes, I say a player of Kevis caliber only comes along about every 20 years.....

what happened to our posts about the national anthem and prayers????  Did they get banned lol..

Great question, JJONES. Wasn't by ME!! I was the one asking the question! The board was down for a while this AM - I suspect that some file got corrupted and they had to go back to an archived backup or something.

Dangit...my amazing, eloquent, well written response to Old Timer was deleted. D'oh.

it's okay, i'm sure you two will have the exact same argument in at least a dozen more threads. |-)

• Upvote 2

You can count on that alum!  I will still always be right and he will still always be wrong.  I have coached at the top level, he will continue to tell me how he has family at the d1 level..... One thing he has on me though, I have never been a PA announcer, something I would really like to try out sometime.... Be a good retirement gig for me I suppose

it's okay, i'm sure you two will have the exact same argument in at least a dozen more threads. |-)

Where ignorance abounds, I abound more.

• Upvote 1