Nicholls St. 69....ORU 66

theeagleman5

OUCH!........... :sweat:

Time to reply to my incompetent friends.  I know you have 40 years experience between the both of you and you fill your free time with movies like Juwanna Mann, Dumb & Dumber, but I bet your all time favorite is Revenge of the Nerds! :talk:   Just cause you were probably always picked last at recess on teams doesn't mean you know everything you think.  Setting on sidelines don't always give you the best perspective of a game.  Also, I really hate it when you say I'm uneducated since some of my best years was at ORU and I felt like I received a great education. Hmmm, all that money wasted :?: .  So oh great ones on the game of basketball shed some light on what is happening to our women's basketball program.  Please enlighten me with your wisdom because I'm really starting to worry.  I read in a Depaul post don't put no thoughts in to losing to Baylor, Depaul, Arkansas, Nebraska because they were stronger, more athletic, and just better than us.  Then Oh Great One, said, "We can handle the Southland (Depaul 12/29).  Another post, ORU 122 RPI and the rest of the Southland 215-and higher.  Contrary to what you said McNeese is 84, Central Arkansas 92, Steven F. Austin 154, Lamar 173, Louisians Tech 174, Nicholls State 210, Southeastern Louisiana 287, Texas A&M CC 320, Northwestern 329.  Don't see your logic about the Southland or your logic about giving this team time.  Don't have time to rebuild a team that the coach has been the Head Assistant Coach for 16 years and we have four returning starters.  Take your head of the sand and quit worrying about my relationship with Old Timer and my education and realize this team has a problem!!!!!   I'm thinking ZONE DEFENSE cause this team can't play man.  Go beat your coach drum I would loan you mine but I don't have one.  P.S.  I don't know and could care less how Fink's team is doing I only follow ORU.  Next time you write let me know though since it seems you know all about him and Utah.  I'm sorry he didn't take you in the move :*

Hey guys - Before you fill up another thread with comparisons of your vast knowledge of the game, love of ORU, etc... Maybe you could start a new thread, just for you, so the rest of us could talk about mundane stuff like the women's team.

• Upvote 2

TO ROUNDBALL:

"Also, I really hate it when you say I'm uneducated since some of my best years was at ORU and I felt like I received a great education."

(My best years "WAS" at ORU?)If you were truly educated, you would know that should read "My best years WERE at ORU"

You also say "I read in a Depaul post don't put no thoughts in to losing to Baylor, Depaul, Arkansas, Nebraska because they were stronger, more athletic, and just better than us."

(One again, that education comes in play....  "DONT PUT NO THOUGHTS"???????  WOW!!!!  Should be "Don't put ANY thoughts"  That is money well spent obviously!  You have a stroke of genius in you, I can see it!

I am going to borrow a word from Voice and say, that you "TROLLS" need to find another home.  Support rather than criticism will go a long way!  Keep hiding your face, my money says you wouldn't be saying any of the things you are saying if you weren't hiding behind a meaningless handle.

Geez...  Let me help you out.

I watched the game between Nicholls State and ORU.  From my perspective, there were some positives and some obvious area for improvement.

On a positive note:

Shelton played a strong game.  Led team in points and rebounds.  She was unstoppable in the paint and made herself a good target for Jaci.  Christian Key's game is improving every time she hits the floor.  And congratulations to Taylor Cooper, who found her stroke.  She shot 6-8 (3-4 from behind the arc).  Her shooting really helped open up the floor for the inside game.  Jaci will hold the assist lead all season, as she continues to throw the ball inside.

And, I thought our coaching staff did a good job putting us in a position to win the game.  I doubt the initial game plan was to keep throwing inside to Shelton, but Nicholls gave it to us and our coaches took advantage of it.

Areas of concern:

Kevi with 12 points isn't going to cut it.  I know the points are coming, so it's a problem that will fix itself.  However, I thought she was trying to hard to start the game - picked up two quick fouls and put herself in a hole.  Jaci...got to control the ball.  When the game was on the line, we simply got careless and coughed up the ball.  I don't know if Balla is sick or maybe injured, but we need her to get her game back.  Her shooting and tough defense - when she's not fouling - will carry us through the season.

I doubt Nicholls State is going to shoot 53% too many times this season.  Everything they threw up seemed to go in the basket.  And, I didn't think we were going to go undefeated in conference play.  But, I sure hate losing close games to teams that just don't match up to our ladies.

We had a close game against TU two years ago, we were ahead with a couple minutes to go and got careless with the ball and also missed a wide open layup to win the game...

It is really hard to win games when you aren't healthy!

Dumb and Dumber is a classic...voice, jjones and roundball would make a great remake of the 3 stooges, I am sure! 

TheEagleman is all for freedom of speech and Lord knows that I have caused my share of trouble on this board....however.....Maybe it's just me.....but I would ban the above poster.....he or she brings nothing to the table and just continually takes personal shots at longtime contributors to this website....I for one am personally offended.....other than that...I am staying out of it..... |(

Eagle I have never said anything about you!  Roundball calls out many for folks than I.......  Ban me for what?  I have not personally attacked anyone.  I have not called anyone out by name....  Stating that someone would be good for a movie roll isn't a personal attack, it is merely a joke!

So, in the meantime I will continue to offer my two cents..  Voice will continue to guess who I am..

27 total posts for the OT wannabe?.....TheEagleman remains unimpressed....size does matter..... :eagles: