Dederick Lee: C/O 2013

SOLO_Gold

I remember when Mark Acres had the same accolades given to him in Faces in the Crowd by Sports Illustrated years ago!

Is he on the same path to help ORU like Acres?

Clarksville beat Mills University 58 to 40 and now waits to face the winner of Forrest City vs. Magnolia. The quarterfinal game will be held on Friday at 8:30.

Dederick Lee scored 10 points; team scoring was really balanced. Two players scored 13 points each and another two scored 10 points each. The three Lee brothers combined to score 27 points.

more on why Lee decomitted from Ark and possibility of at least one brother following him to ORU:

Lee-ders Of The Pack: Clarksville’s Basketball Brothers

Full Article

(excerpt)

Dederick Lee, a senior, had committed to Arkansas as a sophomore but it appeared he would be the only brother who would be a Razorback. But by last summer Oral Roberts University had offered all three brothers scholarships, which led their father, Frederick Lee, to reconsider what was in Dederick’s best interests. While the family loves the Hogs, the likelihood of more playing time at ORU and a chance to stay with kin had stronger pull. So, Dederick decommitted from Arkansas and soon afterward committed to ORU.

Frederick Lee added it’s likely Freddy, a junior, will also sign with ORU. “That would have never been able to happen†at Arkansas. “It’s more important for them to be together and play like they’ve been playing their whole lives.â€

The University of Central Arkansas is looking at Kenderick, also a junior, and at this point is in the driver’s seat for his commitment.

Certainly, one Lee brothers reign has ended but it’s possible another one could soon start. Joining Kenderick and Freddy on Clarksville’s team next season will be a 5’6†transfer from Mulberry High – younger step-brother Darren Lee.

I saw this alluded to on the Arkansas message boards. The Hog fans said that younger brother, Freddie, is a talented pg - but is too short to play in the SEC. We can also use a talented point guard and have a history with diminutive players running the point (i. e. Jonathan Bluitt).

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
EXCLUSIVE: Clarksville's Lee three commits to Arkansas Tech

(excerpt)

Arkansas Tech’s Tucker Coliseum is going to rock even harder in 2014 as the Wonder Boys and Coach Doug Karleskint secured commitments late Wednesday night from Clarksville basketball trio Freddy, Kenderick and Darren Lee. Following in the footsteps of older brother Dederick (Oral Roberts), the Lee three will play at the next level, and they hope to make an early contribution to the four-time defending conference champion Wonder Boys following their upcoming senior seasons.

The Arkansas Tech Wonder Boys?

Yes. The Wonder Boys is their nickname. Google it. An interesting story.

Their women's teams are the Golden Suns.

According to Wikipedia, its a nickname that was given by a newspaper editor after a football win in 1919, but they've tried to change it a couple of times in the last 20 years. Cant say that I blame them. I'd have a hard time walking around with my "Wonder Boys" t-shirt.