Dederick Lee: C/O 2013

SOLO_Gold

Hard to believe that Richard Fuqua, Anthony Roberts and David Vaughn weren't HS All-Americans back in the day....but I guess not.....all were highly recruited players who came to ORU to play for Ken Trickey...... :nerd:

Not sure how many of you old timers ;) are proficient with Twitter, but Dederick's timeline is chock full of congratulatory messages about signing his NLI to play at ORU. I've never seen anything like it ... people love this kid!

and TheEagleman loves him already, too....can't wait to see this kid in Blue and Gold..... :clap:

Clarksville high school (5A) beat Northside - Fort Smith (7A) on November 13th, 69 to 63 on their home court. I cannot find any stats or stories about the game.

• 4 weeks later...

If my calculations are correct. Clarksville High School is 7 and 3 so far this year with the three losses to Jonesboro (by 8), Fayetteville (by 6) and North Little Rock (by 8). Can't find stats for any of the games.

• 1 month later...

Dederick Lee recently became only the 3rd Arkansas high school player to top 2,500 points. He is averaging 17.7 points per game for Clarksville HS and is shooting 83% from the free throw line.

Here is a nice story (with video) on his accomplishments:

Link

• Upvote 1

OOOOOOOOOOOOH.....gonna love this kid in the blue and white next year!..... :up:  :eagles:

Sounds like this guy could be the next Ken Tutt?.... :nerd:

The last ORU recruit I remember being mentioned in SI's Faces in the Crowd was a guy named Mark Acres... seems to me he turned out to be pretty good! :clap:

• Upvote 1

Lee tweeted this today...

Sports Illustrated's Faces in the Crowd:

d13694e66b2811e29a2a22000a1fb02b_7.jpg

AWESOME!!! C'mon down Mr. Lee! I seem to recall another "Mr. Lee" from Arkansas that had a pretty good college career...

• 4 weeks later...

Clarksville High School (and Dederick Lee) begin their Arkansas high school playoffs today in a contest with Mills University. Here is a link to the 5A Arkansas state tournament. Clarksville appears to be ranked #1 (West) in their bracket and, if they prevail,  will play the winner of #2 Forest City and #3 Magnolia on Friday. The semi-final game would be Saturday at 7:30.