Dederick Lee: C/O 2013

SOLO_Gold

I know this has been mentioned in another post, and actually belongs under 'Recruiting', but this news really deserves it's own thread.

Jimmie Tramel (TW) announced yesterday that former University of Arkansas recruit, Dederick Lee, has committed to the ORU Golden Eagles (See article here). Lee, a Rivals & Scout 3 star recruit, stands as a 6-foot-2 combo guard who averaged 21.3 points last year (Junior season).

It's a great day for the Golden Eagles!

Here's the best video I could find online:

This is a major recruiting coup for ORU and this coaching staff. Lee is a combo guard who is a great shooter - and also plays defense. Scoring up to 3,000 points in a high school career is very impressive.

My favorite comment from a Hogville thread:

I don't need a "scouting report" on Dederick. I played against him twice my senior year (Dederick was a sophomore). We played them once in the benefit game and the second game was in the State Semi-finals. In the benefit game, Dederick scored 42 points on 9 threes. Including 3 threes in the 3rd quarter that were stepback jumpers at about 25 feet. If you don't think that kid can shoot then you either don't know basketball or caught him on an off night. I have seen him light up a lot of teams. We have an absolute steal on our hands with Dederick.

I don't count recruits until they sign, and then sometimes not even then. Let me know when his name shows up on the roster and he is in practice.

The father of a prospect at my son's high school who plays in big-time AAU tournaments all over the country came up to me on Tuesday at a school function and flatly said, "I've seen that kid you guys (ORU) got out of Arkansas - he's a stud." :rock:

Huge pick up for ORU if he actually signs....with Billbury, Jackson and Lee....the GoldenEagle backcourt is set for the next 4-5 years...... :nerd:

This kid is all about ORU. Was tweeting during the exh game on Monday and using all of Blake's (SID) hashtags. Love it.

i saw on his twitter that the ORU women picked up a commit today from Arkansas that is apparently a friend of his. the move to the SLC has seemed to open up Arkansas.

Vanessa Matlock

It's official. I'm am going to be a Golden Eagle! Just committed to ORU! Going to be going to school with @DEDERICKLEE23 !!!

Great news for ORU!....the good players just keep coming to 7777 South Lewis..... :nerd:

So according to the Tulsa World article.....Lee chose ORU over Florida St., Arkansas, Creighton and others?.....TheEagleman is speechless...... :nerd:

So according to the Tulsa World article.....Lee chose ORU over Florida St., Arkansas, Creighton and others?.....TheEagleman is speechless...... :nerd:

If we were up against FSU, I have to believe that we beat out our friend, Corey Williams, for Mr. Lee's services. He sounds like quite a find, but let's make sure he gets his work done - in the classroom and on the court - so that he can concentrate on honing his skills on the Mabee Center hardwoods. :up:

I think he has brothers (twins) who are also good players. You have to think we would be recruiting them too.

This is a great recruit for ORU. Who was the last 3-star recruit we had at ORU? Caleb Green?

I think he has brothers (twins) who are also good players. You have to think we would be recruiting them too.

This is a great recruit for ORU. Who was the last 3-star recruit we had at ORU? Caleb Green?

Damen Bell-Holter (ESPN) and Ken Holdman (Rivals) were each considered 3-stars before arriving at ORU.

Random thought: ORU has only signed one high school All-American that I can think of - do you know who it is?

Damen Bell-Holter (ESPN) and Ken Holdman (Rivals) were each considered 3-stars before arriving at ORU.

Random thought: ORU has only signed one high school All-American that I can think of - do you know who it is?

the women also signed a 3 star recruit (ESPN) this year in Teana Ogden.

as for high school all americans at ORU. i can think of two...Mark Acres for basketball and Jack Whitt for pole vault