Seeding and Opponent

ORUTerry

Okay, now we can really speculate as to what seed we will get and our oppoent. My guess (hope) is 15th seed against Gonzaga.... though I don't think they will be as apt to overlook us.

Okay, now we can really speculate as to what seed we will get and our oppoent. My guess is 15th seed against Gonzaga.... though I don't think they will be as apt to overlook us.

That would be a GREAT match up!

The Zags defense is not very good.

Your ability to score everywhere and your defense could earn you a #2 seed for the 2nd round!

Great site Tex.... I met your brother tonight on court as we were celebrating. Wish you could have been there.

Wish I could have been there too, but I will be there for the Big Dance. Keep us posted on tickets.

I strongly suspect that the ORU Golden Eagle Club will have a watch party Sunday afternoon for the Selection Show on CBS. My guess is that it will be at the Mabee Center. I will keep you posted if anything develops.

We just finished watching the game on ESPN again. One of the commentators made the comment that we should be a 14 seed.

I think the Gonzaga matchup would be great! And I think they have started overlooking mid-majors for the bigger programs...they really struggled in the WCC tourney. Of course, that may give them a reason to be focused..I also like the prospects of a 2/15 matchup with Ohio State..I'm not really sold on them yet.

Still a lot of basketball to played and should be fun to watch! I'm hoping for some conference tourney upsets so that we have a shot at that 14 seed.

I think the Gonzaga matchup would be great! And I think they have started overlooking mid-majors for the bigger programs...they really struggled in the WCC tourney. Of course, that may give them a reason to be focused..I also like the prospects of a 2/15 matchup with Ohio State..I'm not really sold on them yet.

Still a lot of basketball to played and should be fun to watch! I'm hoping for some conference tourney upsets so that we have a shot at that 14 seed.

How appropriate would a Gonzaga matchup be with Caleb & Adam Morrison - the top 2 free throw shooters in the nation going at it!!!

What a great game that would be...talk about a shootout!! And a great first-round game regardless. A two-time conference player of the year going toe-to-toe with the possible National Player of the Year..that would be a fun matchup

While the Gonzaga matchup would be great fun to watch, I don't see the selection committee placing two mid-major teams together. While Gonzaga is a probable top #5 seed, they are still a mid-major program.

they are going to be a top 1, 2 or 3 seed, so either way they are going to play a mid-major program in the first round. I think Gonzaga can be considered a major program now..

The Zags were a 3 seed last year and played Winthrop in the first round. Winthrop played them pretty tight until the end from what I remember...

I've gotta chime in on this. Gonzaga would be a HORRIBLE draw for us. We want a team that would potentially overlook us and the Zags are not that team. If anyone knows what it's like to be the underdog it's them. I pray we don't draw them.

Lunardi (ESPN bracketology) has at least moved us out of the play-in game. Baby steps.

He seems to not be putting much effort into the lower seeds - strictly going by RPI. I agree with Mom and others that the committee is not likely to do that, and I can't imagine us getting a 16, but it would still be nice to see some teams with lower RPI's than ours get in.

Gonzaga isnt really "Cinderella Gonzaga" anymore..they consider themselves a major program, and they're ranked 4th with arguably the best player in the nation. They havent been an underdog in a few years and look past teams all the time, just like in their conference tourney..Loyola Marymount and San Diego almost beat them at home. They're not playing great ball right now...

Understandable that they are no longer the Cinderella story but the point is that they are no strangers to being in that spot. Mark Few would not look past us like some other teams might.