2013 Baseball Schedule

Bogus Smith

Well, the time has come to see if we can determine the baseball schedule for the upcoming baseball season. A lot of the schedules have not been released, but from those that have, we know that we are not on the schedules of Baylor, TCU and Arkansas (as well as any of the other SEC teams), or other powerhouses that we have played in the past, like Miami, FL, Rice, Texas A&M, Florida State, Arizona or Arizona State. As a matter of fact, there has not been a schedule released by a California team with us on it (which there is usually at least one trip to the west coast for our guys to play in front of their parents). We still haven't seen schedules from Wichita State, Oklahoma State and OU - which we have heard we will play this year.

What has been released proves to be a much better home schedule than in the past years with DBU and CSF playing in Tulsa this year. Additionally, the games with Southland Conference foes will prove to be much more competitive than some of the 20+ run wins against the likes of IPFW, Oakland and others that don't take baseball very serioiusly.

We'll add more to this schedule as it becomes available.

2/15 - St. Louis

2/16 - St. Louis

2/17 - St. Louis

2/22 - @ Louisiana Tech

2/23 - @ Louisiana Tech

2/24 - @ Louisiana Tech

3/01 - @ Southeast Missouri

3/02 - @ Southeast Missouri

3/03 - @ Southeast Missouri

3/08 - Dallas Baptist

3/09 - Dallas Baptist

3/10 - Dallas Baptist

3/12 - @ Texas

3/15 - Cal State - Fullerton

3/16 - Cal State - Fullerton

3/17 - Cal State - Fullerton

3/22 - Central Arkansas *

3/23 - Central Arkansas *

3/24 - Central Arkansas *

4/02 - Missouri State

4/12 - SE Louisiana *

4/13 - SE Louisiana *

4/14 - SE Louisiana *

4/19 - @ Sam Houston State *

4/20 - @ Sam Houston State *

4/21 - @ Sam Houston State *

4/23 - @ Kansas

5/07 - @ Missouri State

5/08 - @ Missouri State

Opening the season vs. Atlantic 10 team St. Louis U..............and then Dallas Baptist?.....sounds like the beginnings of a very nice schedule...... :|

Thanks for the information, Alum. I have updated the schedule for these games. I just failed to see the game we scheduled with Kansas, but the other teams don't have their schedules published at the College Baseball Insiders' site.

I did see this update on October 11 (two weeks ago):

Oral Roberts: 2013 midweek dates: March 20, April 16 or 17, will consider any option. Contact assistant coach Ryan Folmar at..... ("assistant coach" is what was written on the Open Date note)

Sounds like we have our May 14 date secured, but now have a date in March. It could be that those dates were reserved for Arkansas and the commitment to play fell through. I also noticed that on October 4, Baylor was looking for a mid-week game on February 19 and/or 20 with a guarantee. Hope we haven't done any damage to our Baylor relationship as that was always a good opportunity for us to win a game or two against a high-quality program.

So Cal-Fullerton is coming to Tulsa to play ORU?....that will be some really good early season baseball at JLJ...... :nerd:

So Cal-Fullerton is coming to Tulsa to play ORU?....that will be some really good early season baseball at JLJ...... :nerd:

Yep, playing Cal State Fullerton AND Dallas Baptist in three-game home weekend series is pretty top-notch college baseball. I have to believe by being in the Southland Conference, some of the bigger teams may not be as concerned about playing us as our RPI won't tank playing in-conference games in April/May. On the flip side, we better be prepared to play and to have the recruits in future years to maintain a top-30 baseball program.

Yeah, Bogus...the quality of our league opponents is a huge upgrade from the Summit....we can no longer count on 20 or more automatic league wins.....hopefully playing more games in Texas and Louisiana will help ORU to recruit in those states where the talent runs deep.....and playing DBU and Cal-Fullerton in Tulsa is a huge upgrade on the home schedule...... :up::eagles:

3/12 ORU @ Texas

it does not look like they have released their schedule, but google found this promotion for their spring break baseball camp...With 1 Spring Break Camp registration you can receive up to 4 FREE general admission tickets to the March 12th Texas Baseball game against Oral Roberts!

Where are the easy games on this schedule? Looks pretty tough to me. No need to scheule any more difficult opponents. I'm sure Coach Folmar is thinking the same thing.

3/12 ORU @ Texas

it does not look like they have released their schedule, but google found this promotion for their spring break baseball camp...With 1 Spring Break Camp registration you can receive up to 4 FREE general admission tickets to the March 12th Texas Baseball game against Oral Roberts!

Got it on the schedule. After the first week of March, the rest of the month is going to be pretty brutal. I hope we come together early as we certainly won't have any vacations in April/May with our conference schedule, like the last 14 years.

Well, this is the earliest that I have EVER recollected ORU releasing their baseball schedule. Usually it is sometime after Thanksgiving. The guys will play four games with WSU, three games with OU (2-for-1, just like Missouri State) and a one-game set with Oklahoma State at ONEOK Field in downtown Tulsa. There is also a mid-week game with Mississippi State in Starksville on May 14, but it does not show up on their schedule. I'm hopeful that this was a late addition to the schedule and MSU just hasn't updated their information.

All-in-all, this is a GREAT schedule - both home and overall - and we are going to get to see some of the best baseball in years in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I hope that we can help the team get some butts in the seats this season. Historically, our teams have played to their level of competition (both down to it and up to it) and I'm hopeful that this will be the same in 2013. If so, I like our chances better in the Regionals and CWS if we are successful as we will be better prepared than playing in the Summit.

You can see the full schedule at http://www.orugolden...337&SPSID=87156

ORU baseball releases 2013 schedule

TULSA, Okla. - The Oral Roberts baseball program released its 2013 schedule, announced by first year head coach Ryan Folmar on Thursday.

ORU opens the season at home on Feb. 15 with a three game set when Saint Louis comes to town, followed by a visit from familiar foe Wichita State for a mid-week contest on Feb. 19. Coach Folmar's squad will face the Shockers from Wichita two other times on the road on Feb. 26 and March 5.

Highlighting the non-conference contests is a trip to Texas on March 12 and two games in Norman against Oklahoma on March 19 and 20. The Sooners make a return trip to Tulsa as well as the Golden Eagles host the in-state rival on March 26.

On April 9, the Golden Eagles and the Oklahoma State Cowboys will face off in a mid-week contest at beautiful ONEOK Field in downtown Tulsa.

Kansas will mark the fourth Big 12 member on the schedule as ORU heads north to Lawrence on April 23. Other marquee non-conference opponents include Dallas Baptist at home for three games beginning on March 8, followed by a visit from Cal State Fullerton the next weekend, and a trip to Mississippi State prior to the final series of the season on May 14.

The Golden Eagles will play its inaugural season as a member of the Southland Conference after winning 15 consecutive Mid-Continent/Summit League titles.

They will open the conference portion of the season with a three game series against Central Arkansas beginning on March 22 at J.L. Johnson Stadium.

On April 19, the Golden Eagles will travel to Huntsville, Texas for a showdown with last season's Southland champions Sam Houston State.

Bogus - are the Southland conference match-ups 4-game or 3-game series? I don't see any DHs designated on the schedule, so I'm assuming each weekend series will include only three games. If so, it will be interesting to see how this affects the overall strategy and the pitching rotation for the mid-week games.