No preseason love - ORU has to earn respect on the court

TrueBlue82

So, let me get this straight.

Last week, Kevi Luper is named to the Preseason Mid-Major All-American 1st Team (by College Sports Madness).

This week, Kevi is named to the Pre-Season Southland Conference SECOND team by coaches and SIDs.

I guess the three-time defending Summit Player of the Year, a two-time Associated Press Honorable Mention pick, a 2011-12 Naismith Trophy Watch List honoree, and the only player in NCAA Division I history to lead the nation in both points and steals in a season isn't quite good enough for the Southland.

Actually, I prefer it this way, rather than having a big target going into the season. But still, I'm totally shocked Kevi was left off the First team.

• Upvote 1

She is an obvious 1st team choice. That will certainly light a fire under Kevi and this team.

I have heard that the conference has a tradition/rule that returning all-conference players from the previous season are automatically placed on the subsequent pre-season all-conference team. The Southland has eight returning all-conference players - leaving only two open slots. That still does not totally explain why Kevi did not make first team.

I have heard that the conference has a tradition/rule that returning all-conference players from the previous season are automatically placed on the subsequent pre-season all-conference team. The Southland has eight returning all-conference players - leaving only two open slots. That still does not totally explain why Kevi did not make first team.

Jimmie Tramel's explanation in his Tulsa World article should clear up any confusion.

Kevi will be on the Southland All POST-Season team....TheEagleman guarantees it..... :fubar: