HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!!!!!

ORU Eli

I admit I sit here tonight quite jealous of many of my friends who are in school and get to enjoy tonight however I can't say enough how excited I am and proud of the guys and the way we came out in the 2nd half and completely took over.

We're going dancing baby!!!!

How sweet will it be to see ORU on the CBS selection show!!! Can't wait!!!

Mchammer.gif

Some random thoughts:

1. YESSSSSS!!!!!!

2. I was concerned at halftime with CSU holding a 1 point lead. The refs let everything go and really swallowed their whistles. We committed several (8 by my count) turnovers and were generally out of synch. CSU shot the ball well and made some impressive shots. Even their big white post player made a line drive three pointer!

3. We came out in the second half and turned up the defensive intensity. CSU went about six minutes without scoring a point. That was the ball game.

4. Was it Voice who said Tutt would be MVP in the tournament? Well, he was right. Ken was deadly from the perimeter. And when they guarded him closely he either drove to the basket or made his patented pull-up jumper.

5. The coaches also had a big hand in this win. They switched defenses; yes, we actually played a zone for a couple of series. We also used a half court trap on one possession. Nice way to disrupt CSU. They also made the decision to attack the press instead of milking the clock when we had a double digit lead. Instead of standing pat, we went for the jugular. Nice job Coach Sutton!

6. CSU's guards were lightning quick and they (especially Holston) could really shoot. We did a nice job of keeping a hand in their face and with help defense.

7. Caleb got open in the second half which really opened things up for the others. Larry is a disruptive force on both sides of the court. Both Yemi and Mickey had good contributions too. And what is up with Yemi making his free throws??? Riouse had two nice three pointers that put a dagger in CSU and JB rans the offense very efficiently - especially in the 2nd half.

Tonight was beyond fun! As orumom said in another post, it was just an indescribable feeling! I got the fun fortune of getting down right in the midst of the melee at the end and hugging the players and looking at their faces - you talk about utter joy!!! :D Man, those guys were just soaking in the moment!!! It was great...just awesome!!! 8):D:lol::!:

Chicago State played out of their heads in the first half. They played some of their best basketball of the season and you just knew they couldn't keep it up. I don't know what is wrong with me but I was more worried at the Valpo and Western games than I was tonight.

I think after Kevin Jones Jr. had two airballs and his dad sat him down that it shot his confidence. He didn't score a bucket the rest of the game.

The only time it has ever sucked to be in the pep band was tonight when the rest of the students were rushing the court and I was playing the trumpet. I did rush the court after we had finished playing and both nets had already been cut down. (It's less effective when it is just one person rushing the court.)

Of course as much as it stinks not getting to rush the court, I will be at the NCAA tournament next week playing the trumpet. Some day I will tell my kids that I played at the NCAA tournament. (I'll leave out the part about the fact that it was the trumpet I was playing.)

I'll see everyone when we're cutting down the nets in Indy.

Rushing the court felt sooooooooo sweet... Last year we were beginning to get in the aisles, and then all hell broke lose, but this year, I was right at the gate ready to go!!!! I ran to Chris and we started hugging and jumping and screaming (he was going nuts, it was awesome) and then we made it to mid-court where there was a massive dog-pile going on because for whatever reason Caleb and Ken decided to slide onto the court!!! Everyone got off of 'em, and everyone was just jumping around and hugging everybody and yelling, it was so awesome, the guys were all soooooo happy, all of them were freaking out, it was great, they were so happy, it was such an incredible feeling, I just can't describe it, I bet they feel it 20 times more though!!! I feel like I have put in a lot of work and effor, those guys give so much, I'm so proud of them, I hope we get a decent enough seed, I think we can give almost anyone a run for their money!!!!!! Go ORU!!!!!!!!!!

Before the game one of my friends came to give me a hug and poured her entire Coke on my "white regular season championship shirt". she felt awful & I told her I would take it as an omen that everything else would go great,which made her laugh.

When we won I looked at the players, coaches, fans & students and could see how much it meant to everyone. Before I realized it I had tears running down my cheeks.....didn't see that coming.

This is just the beginning of something great!!!!

Being at the game last night was such a rush! Missed last year being in Florida . What a great event. I enjoyed the Maniacs and talking with the players. Especially LO. I talked to him at the Golf outing before the season started about elevating his game and He sure has done that. Ken was too much for Chicago State. What a second half. I kept thinking this team has got to get it going and they sure did. Great Win and Great Experience to get that Monkey off our backs. Great for ORU and the TV coverage plus National attention will help in our Recruiting. AD Mike Carter said on the buzz before the game that Winning the MidCon Tournament will give us exposure that would cost millions if we had to pay for it. What a great blessing for ORU. Must also say I appreciate Voice for all he does for ORU! He is a real asset. I know I have been tough on Coach Sutton in the past but I feel he has made it in the coaching arena and this year he really came into his own. Congrats Coach and a super year and best wishes in the NCAA! 8)

What an experience, and I wasnt even at the game!!! After so much frustration over the past few years, tonight was more incredible than i could have imagined. Last year at this time it felt like someone kicked me in the stomach...thats what makes this SO SWEET!! I'm going to soak evey bit of this next week in!!! GO ORU!!!!!