Season Ticket Structure SUCKS this year

Holtontulsa

From the looks of it, if you want to purchase season tickets for ORU basketball this year you have to purchase both men's and women's as a packeage. It doesn't look like they sell individually anymore due to the back to back doubleheader games that come with the Southland Conference.

For, what was only 300.00 dollars last year for a family of 3, will now be 1,000.00 for a family of three. Seems that the past couple of years ORU is starting to require a minimum donation of 100.00 per seat inside the free throw lines on top of the season ticket charges for the games.

For those of us who only watch the women or for those who only watch the men, we now must pay to watch both regardless of whether or not we want to!

I hope they find a way to fix this.

• 3 weeks later...

This is how it used to be, but Jerry Finkbeiner said at a pre game dinner that he wanted the girls separated from the men and not to play back to back games. Ray & I really missed that.

Evidently the new conference does things differently? Have you called the office to see if you have an option as far as where you sit & splitting the men's & women's games up? OU & OSU require different contributions depending on location as well. I noticed OSU football was in the thousands.which is too expensive for my blood.

So let me get this straight: you're worried about buying SEASON tickets, in a 10,000 seat arena, for women's games that historically draw about 1500 people?

Is there a particular seat in the building you are worried you might not get?

Here's a thought: buy individual game tickets for the girls games only.

While that may be a little more expensive than season tickets for just the girls, it's still far less than the combined men's and women's season tickets would be.

And, I'm sure you can probably specify exactly which seat(s) you just MUST have each time you do so...

+1 for OT.....and as Mom pointed out above....just another good reason that we got rid of Jerry Finkbeiner..... :clap:

+1 for OT.....and as Mom pointed out above....just another good reason that we got rid of Jerry Finkbeiner..... :clap:

Hmmm . . . guess my old brain ain't what she used to be. I thought Jerry got rid of US! ;-)

Yes he did, TMH....but in TheEagleman's humble opinion....Jerry just saved us the trouble....this team has been going nowhere the past couple of years and there was no defense being played.......a change was needed.....not wishing Fink any ill will at Utah State but glad to see him there and not at 7777 South Lewis anymore....... :nerd:

eagleman, when was the last time you "saw" someone at 7777 s lewis? It is amazing that some of you have to resort to trashing Finkbeiner. The guy gave 16 years of his life to putting ORU women's basketball where it is today! Absolutely amazing that you few feel so inadequate to bring yourselves to that point!

For the record, I could care less about the price of tickets, however, I do know plenty of people who will not be able to attend games this year due to the ticket structure!

• Upvote 1

however, I do know plenty of people who will not be able to attend games this year due to the ticket structure!

I'm guessing that decrease will be offset (and probably eclipsed) by the large number of fans who arrive early for the men's game and are in the stands for the final 10-15 minutes of the women's game.

Plenty of people (at every school) follow the women's team but rarely make a separate trip to the arena for a standalone women's game (especially when there's a standalone men's game on the same day). Those folks will be much more inclined to take in part of a women's game if the only extra commitment they have to make is arriving at the arena 30 minutes earlier than usual.

I'd bet the end of women's games will have twice as many fans in the stands as we saw last season.

Listen, Jonesy.....TheEagleman was at 7777 So. Lewis while you were probably still in diapers.....I am not meaning to discount the job that Coach Fink did in bringing ORU Women's roundball out of the dark ages....for that he is to be commended.....but the past few seasons he's had some pretty good talent and his teams have come up small....the failure to play much defense has cost them a lot of games....I understand that there have been some injuries but they have still played below par especially in the Summit Tourney.....TheEagleman attended the game here in Philly two years ago vs. LaSalle and the result against a lower level A-10 team was just embarrasing...ORU lost by 20......perhaps my words were a bit harsh and for that I am sorry to the FInk fans out there that I have offended...I probably should have said something like the change of scenery might be best for both Jerry and ORU....I will not be rooting against Utah State....and hopefully, Coach Cussan can get this team to play more up to it's potential in this the last season for All-American Kevi Luper..... :nerd:

Way to take the high road, Eagleman.

I think the success of our season will be determined by our ability to play tough inside defense and win the rebounding war.

Eagleman, everyone knows the love you have for Kevi, you have broadcasted it multiple times on this board. however, you sure seem to bring Finkbeiners name in to many chats; is there a possibility of a little man crush and you are secretly upset that he left?

Let's clear that up once and for all........Kevi...... :inlove: :inlove: ........Fink...... :n: :n: ............ :devil:

• 1 month later...

This board is a little more lively than the men's board of late. The Eagleman from a few years ago would have never apologized for anything. Must be getting soft in his seasoned years.

Yes, OKC....I am getting old and soft....plus, I enjoy the board and don't want to get booted off....what else would i do in my spare time?...hoping to get out to OKC during the basketball season and take in another ORU game with you....i am still stinging from that loss vs. UTSA last year...lol.......the ride back from Stillwater to OKC was a long one......maybe TheEagleman is the Kiss of Death....but i really need to get to Mabee Center this year...will see if i can talk my boss into a business trip to OKC in early 2013 when I can catch a ladies/men's Doubleheader..... :nerd: