Outlook for 2012 - 2013

Holtontulsa

The biggest positive that we have this year is going to be our seniors! This is witout a doubt the strongest senior class that ORU Women's baskebtall has had in the last 20 years that I can remember. Add in Christian Key, Elisabeth Daniels, Emma Gade, Sarah Shelton, Detti Balla and a handful of incoming freshman and we should be pretty balanced this year.

Look for Luper, Bigham, Buck, Balla to produce the majority of the stats this year, however, bench scoring should be stonger this year with Key, Gade, Cooper and Shelton, all of whom can pitch in double digit performances on any given night!

I think the more man to man defense that we play, the more substituions you will see and the overall decrease in minutes for our starters in comparison to last year. May also see more fouls and less turn overs by not playing the trap zone!

Lower scoring games are on the horizon this year!! But the possibility to still have a 20 win season is there!

It will be very interesting to see what impact the coaching change has on the style of play and player rotations. With the new conference and the fact that league games will be played in a 'double header' format, the women have lots of changes to absorb. I think that weekday games will be an uptick in attendance - at least for the second half of the games as fans trickle in to watch and then stay for the men's games.

TheEagleman thinks that while our Senior class may possibly be the best ever.....the biggest positive this season will be that Finkbeiner is gone.....his act was getting old and the run and gun offense wasn't makin' it anymore.....a fresh approach has been sorely needed and let's hope that's what we see this year from Coach Cussen and her staff......this 2012-13 team certainly has a ton of potential...... :nerd:

I'm not sure if I share the optimism. They have not been the same since Jaci tore her ACL as a sophmore. For whatever reason, Jerry could not put the right pieces around them the next two years following their freshman season and you see the purging of the roster after the coaching change. It would be a shame if this class of seniors peaked as freshmen after starting out with so much promise.

I hope Coach Cussen can put it together and get ORU basketball back to the NCAA tournament. These three young ladies certainly deserve a trip to the dance.

ONE SIMPLE FACTOR will determine whether or not we have a successful season.

Are you ready?

drumroll please..........

Interior defense.

"That's it - good night, everybody!!" :hai: