6'-10" Bixby Center Signs With ORU Rival

Old Titan

Sean Young, a 6'-10" center from Bixby, has signed with new Southland rival Central Arkansas, after first committing to play as a preferred walk-on at Louisiana Tech:

Bixby's Young Signs To Play Basketball At Central Arkansas (Barry Lewis blog, Tulsa World)

It's a little disconcerting whenever local guys sign with teams that we play on a regular basis: they always seem to play inspired ball whenever we meet, trying to prove what we missed by not signing them.

If he's 6-10 and going to be a walk-on at La Tech, I have to imagine that he is a 'project' at best.

I hope you're right - otherwise, we're going to get really sick of seeing this guy at least eight times over the next 4-5 years.

And, it should be pointed out that in my first post, I didn't say we passed on the guy - we may have wanted him; he just may not have wanted us...

Oklahoma high school basketball is not the best competition, by far.

And, if you are 6-10 and average 4 points and 4 rebounds...

4 pts and 4 rebounds at 6'10" ???.....S...T...I...F...F........ :nerd:

HA! I lived in his neighborhood a couple years ago. I actually played a couple games with him in his driveway. He beat me to 20 by 2 points. He had a good 5-6 inch advantage on me and could still barely beat me. He could not push me to the basket so he is pretty weak. So they definitely got a good one there........... HAHA!

Sounds like ORU's Jordan Kauffman at 6'11" and 250+ pounds will be pushing this kid around for the next 4 yrs...... :nerd:

If I can do it at 6'5" Kauffman should have no problem

yawn, no need to rag on a player who just got a college scholarship somewhere, I trust the coaches are getting the right players for our team.

yawn, no need to rag on a player who just got a college scholarship somewhere, I trust the coaches are getting the right players for our team.

Thank you.

All I meant when I started this rather unfortunate thread was that I always get a little concerned whenever a local guy signs with a school that we regularly play, because he may come back to bite us in the future.

That being said, I still wish the guy well in his collegiate career.

...just not when he plays us. ;-)

Absolutely....TheEagleman hopes that the kid doubles his average to 8 pts and 8 rebounds with UCA..... ;-)