2012-13 Top 144 Team Previews (with updates)

Old Titan

Another 2012-12 ORU opponent UTEP is listed at #102 today......can't wait to see our full schedule...it's now August 1 and still not unveiled...... :nerd:

#102 Texas-El Paso (non-conference, date TBA)

...if it makes you feel any better, UTEP hasn't announced their schedule yet, either.

From what I hear, the problem with ORU's schedule is finalizing the exhibition games, and (with the conference switch) determining whether we're a home or away team in the BracketBuster game. Everything else is set (see Page 1 of '2012-2013 Schedule' thread).

I guess TheEagleman can understand the importance of finalizing those big home dates with Rogers St......Drury, OBU, or whomever we play in the pre-season.....we've played home bracketbusters during the past two seasons....I guess we are due for a road matchup in 2013...... :nerd:

• 2 weeks later...

OU comes in at #90 which is reasonable.........but Valpo ahead of ORU at #97?.....what is this guy smoking?...... |(

OU comes in at #90 which is reasonable.........but Valpo ahead of ORU at #97?.....what is this guy smoking?...... |(

With Butler's departure to the A-10, Valpo is the odds-on favorite to repeat as Horizon League champion - they have most everyone back from last year's surprise team.

No. 90 - University of Oklahoma

Ah yes....slipped my mind that Butler being gone now opens up the door for our former hated rival Valpo.....too bad we can't get these guys on our schedule....seems like a natural home and home midwestern mid-major rivalry..... :nerd:

Ah yes....slipped my mind that Butler being gone now opens up the door for our former hated rival Valpo.....too bad we can't get these guys on our schedule....seems like a natural home and home midwestern mid-major rivalry..... :nerd:

Really? That's a 700-mile trip North through four states. That seems like exactly the kind of trip the SLC move is supposed to eliminate.

Really? That's a 700-mile trip North through four states. That seems like exactly the kind of trip the SLC move is supposed to eliminate.

It's a 90-minute direct flight from Tulsa-to-Chicago, with a 1-hour bus to/from Valpo.

The teams have a very competitive history, and their respective coaches are mid-major success stories from famous coaching bloodlines.

It would make for a great home-and-home series.

I think I have heard that there was 'bad blood' between the two coaching staffs and that neither one wanted to continue the series. Not sure if that is true or not, but maybe with Homer gone, we would look at renewing the rivalry.

Bad Blood?....how could anyone not like Scott Sutton....he's such a nice young man.... :nerd:

Wichita State checks in at #84....another mid major less than a 3 hr. drive from Tulsa that TheEagleman wonders why they won't play ORU on a regular basis....seems like a natural matchup....low transporation cost and the teams are usually very evenly matched...... :!:

• 2 weeks later...

Nevada just checked in at 72.....guess they will be a top mid major again this season.....still thought it would have been nice to get them in the bracketbuster last year instead of Akron.....so I guess ORU will have to return the game at the Zip in 2013-14.....always a tough place to play.... :nerd: