Baylor - ORU/Sunday Game

theeagleman5

Tough ending to the season for ORU....Gonzalez gave us 6 2/3 decent innings but the bats just never got going after taking an early 1-0 lead.....the Good Guys end up on the short end of a 5-2 score.....now Baylor will have to beat scrappy Dallas Baptist tonight and tomorrow night to get to the Super Regionals......at least ORU played hard this weekend....beating Baylor in the opener was a surprise not even TheEagleman expected.....the loss to DBU was tough to swallow....we will continue to second guess Coach Walton for not going with Gonzo in that game but I guess he knows best....it's possible that today was his last game as the ORU coach...if so.....we will miss his leadership.....Walton is perfect for ORU...... :clap:

this was not Walton's best team. i think he got about all he could out of them. but like Eagleman, it leaves you wondering what might have been if he tossed Gonzalez in game 2.

OSU's next coach probably was coaching in last night's game at the Waco regional. (i hope they pick DBU's coach and coach Walton is back)

thanks to the coaches and players for another great season of ORU baseball and thanks to Geoff Haxton for another great year of calling ORU sports.

Very true, Alum....this team played mediocre baseball all season and was only a game or two above the .500 mark a month ago....the team started playing better ball once the pitching got healthy....Bowen and Gonzalez were really strong in late April and May....Bowen and Trevino were surely the team MVPs....with Gonzo, Bowen, Giller, Pickar and Trevino all returning next season we should have a very good team.....TheEagleman hopes that Coach Walton returns to lead them.... :nerd:

Great posts by the eagle man and ORUalum. Joe Spring will be missed. He delivered a few gutsy performances over the last couple weeks. I'd like to see him get drafted but I have no idea if he is expected to be drafted. All things considered it is always a good year when you win your conference, your conference tournament and win at least 1 game in a regional, especially against the #4 national seed. Thanks to the team for giving your best and creating some good memories for the fans!

Joe Spring is a gutsy pitcher...watched him get those last six out on friday night....he's a bulldog....then to take the ball again today for 2+ innings after 3 innings on Friday night shows what kind of character he has....the kid can get people out....would love to see the Phillies grab Spring in the draft tomorrow.....we sure need bullpen help....bigtime!!!... :nerd:

• Upvote 1

Joe Spring is impressive as a pitcher and a person. I loved Hax's interview of him Friday night.

Very true, Alum....this team played mediocre baseball all season and was only a game or two above the .500 mark a month ago....the team started playing better ball once the pitching got healthy....Bowen and Gonzalez were really strong in late April and May....Bowen and Trevino were surely the team MVPs....with Gonzo, Bowen, Giller, Pickar and Trevino all returning next season we should have a very good team.....TheEagleman hopes that Coach Walton returns to lead them.... :nerd:

Pickar is gone, expected to be drafted in rounds 3-7. Bowen and Giller may also decide to go in the draft. Gonzo and Trevino should be back. It will be another rebuilding year no matter who's at the helm.

I can see it if Bowen goes....but Pickar and Giller?.....they are just not THAT good....both need another year in college to improve their game and getting a degree never hurts.....would be silly to go pro....not enough money with the new draft salary slotting system unless you are picked in the first two or three rounds....... :fubar:

Wanted to come by and express my pride in what the guys were able to do this year. I thought early on that this would be a tough year for the Baseball squad, but they proved me wrong, yet again. This city should be proud of what your team means in the way of collegiate Baseball.

I had pretty much given up on Baseball altogether, but when I started following your team, it showed me that there is still something good about the game to enjoy.

Thanks to Coach Walton and the players for their tremendous efforts this season. I am looking forward to next season already and will be following in the offseason to see what next year will be bringing.

Keep up the great work.

Baylor rolled over Dallas Baptist by 9-2 last night forcing a 2nd game to be played tonight.....DBU is going to need a big effort to stop the host Bears....would be amazing if Dallas Baptist makes it to the super regionals two years in a row....TheEagleman doesn't see it happening, though......Baylor will be tough on the home field.....I expect them to win again tonight.....ORU had their chance....that loss to DBU on Saturday is still sticking in my craw...... :doh:

Another bummer to report...OU is in the final tonight after beating Appl. State this afternoon....the two teams play again at 8pm for the super regional berth.....Sunny always seems to have a few tricks up his sleeve...... |(

Baylor advances with another easy win over Dallas Baptist tonight.....they will play Arkansas in the Super Regional....and Sunny's OU squad beats App State a pair today and also moves on.....hard to believe...... |(