NCAA Tournament Projections

ORUJason

SEbaseball.com has an interesting projection that has ORU as a 4-seed in the Texas A & M regional along with Arkansas as a #2 seed and Sam Houston State from the Southland as an at-large team with a 3-seed.

College Station Regional

Host: Texas A&M

1. Texas A&M 42-15 #9 (B12 at large)

4. Oral Roberts 34-22 #110 (Summit Automatic)

2. Arkansas 39-19 #20 (SEC at large)

3. Sam Houston State 37-19 #46 (SLC at large)

http://www.usatoday....akey/55219164/1

They also have SE Louisiana as a 3-seed in the Baton Rouge (LSU) regional as the Southland automatic qualifier. It is nice to see that the Southland conference is expected to have 2 teams make the NCAA field.

The SB Nation projection had ORU as a 4-seed in either the Rice regional or the Texas A & M regional.

Houston Regional:

1. Rice

2. Clemson

3. SE Louisiana

4. Oral Roberts

College Station Regional:

1. Texas A&M

2. Arkansas

3. Dallas Baptist

4. Oral Roberts

http://houston.sbnat...xas-a-m-to-host

TheEagleman would love to see us in the College Station regional vs. Dallas Baptist.....we still owe them some payback from last year....... :nerd:

Don't wanna play Clemson. I'll take the College Station bracket, please.

My dream regional in Waco - Baylor, DBU, OU, ORU

INDIANAPOLIS – The NCAA Division I Baseball Committee announced the 16 regional sites for the 66th annual NCAA Division I Baseball Championship.

The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records (through May 26) are as follows:

• Baton Rouge, Louisiana – LSU (43-16)
  • Chapel Hill, North Carolina – North Carolina (44-14)
  • Charlottesville, Virginia – Virginia (38-17)
  • College Station, Texas – Texas A&M (42-16)
  • Columbia, South Carolina – South Carolina (40-17)
  • Coral Gables, Florida – *Miami (FL) (36-20)
  • Eugene, Oregon – *Oregon (42-16)
  • Gainesville, Florida – Florida (42-18)
  • Gary, Indiana – Purdue (44-12)
  • Houston – Rice (40-17)
  • Los Angeles – *UCLA (41-14)
  • Palo Alto, California – *Stanford (37-16)
  • Raleigh, North Carolina – North Carolina State (39-17)
  • Tallahassee, Florida – Florida State (43-15)
  • Tucson, Arizona – *Arizona (37-17)
  • Waco, Texas – Baylor (44-14)

Regional Hosts By Conference

ACC: 5

SEC: 3

Big 12: 2

Pac-12: 4

Big 10: 1

C-USA: 1

The NCAA did an excellent job of naming host sites. Fifteen of the sixteen top teams in the current RPI were selected to host (only #15 Kentucky was left out) and the other host site went to #18 (Rice). I can't imagine us being assigned to any location outside of the four named in Texas or Louisiana - and even with a RPI of 103, I would not expect us to face a national seed - so College Station or Houston would appear the most likely.

Personally, I'd be thrilled to be assigned to a regional with no left-handed pitchers! :wasntme:

Amen!...no lefties, please!.....ORU probably winds up at one of the Texas locations but it could be interesting to go someplace different....Purdue?.... :nerd:

In looking at the probable 16 #4 seeds, eight of them are located from the Northeast or Southeast - and are likely to fill the seven slots from Virginia to Florida, with one going elsewhere. Louisiana-Monroe, Valpo and Fresno State are nearly locks for LSU, Purdue and Stanford, respectively - and Prairie View will certainly stay in Texas.

This leaves one team from the east and four from the Midwest (ORU, Dayton, Kent State and Creighton) to fill the two remaining spots in Texas and three locations out west (Oregon, UCLA, Arizona). The chances of ORU playing at Rice or A+M is looking very strong.

TheEagleman would take that regional....A couple of new opponents and an old friend in WSU.... :nerd:

Baseball America came out with their projections this morning and is projecting the Golden Eagles in College Station with some familiar names:

1. Texas A&M

2. Dallas Baptist

3: Missouri State

4. Oral Roberts

I think the possiblity of showing up at A&M is much more compelling as I don't think we'll be in the bottom eight #4 seeds and paired with one of the 8 national seed #1's.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/news/2012/2613465.html

Not a bad set up for us if we got to College Station with DBU and Missouri St.....and how about Baseball America predicting Texas is out?....wow....when's the last time the Longhorns failed to make the Tourney.....Dallas Baptist as a 2 seed would be impressive for them....they always seem to have a sneaky good team.... :nerd:

The three new projections I saw this morning had us in College Station, Waco, and Houston. I agree that we shouldn't be paired with Baylor as a national seed, which leaves A+M and Rice as likely destinations.

The Baseball America Texas A&M projected bracket would be a good situation for us. To have a #2seed (DBU) that could also be considered a #3seed would be a nice scenario. I remember the Nebraska regional we were sent to a few years back and the #2 seed was Cal Irvine who was on the border between a #1 seed or #2 seed. That was a tough regional. The quality of the #2 seed can make a big difference in the overall difficulty of the regional.

This may all be moot in 15 minutes, but Rice and A+M each have three primary starting pitchers - and none are southpaws. Either regional sounds fine to me! :clap:

Okay, what's the word? Missed the broadcast, but can't find the brackets anywhere. Where did ORU land? College Station?

My dream regional in Waco - Baylor, DBU, OU, ORU

Ding, ding, ding!! ORUalum is a winner! ORU goes to the Waco regional, and will play Baylor, DBU, Texas-Arlington.

Complete Bracket

I need a more savvy baseball mind than mine to critique this regional for me.

I see Baylor as a tougher first game matchup than Rice. Arkansas may be a slightly tougher 2-seed than DBU. Sam Houston State and UT-Arlington are comparable as 3-seeds. ORU is a tougher 4-seed than Prairie View. I think the Rice and Baylor regionals are somewhat similar in difficulty but the Baylor regional is a little bit more difficult because Baylor is the #4 team in the country and ORU is clearly a tougher 4-seed than Prairie View. If they had switched the 4-seeds and sent ORU to Rice, I think the regionals would have been more balanced. As it is, this is the closest regional location to ORU, so maybe they did us a little favor with a shorter driving distance. Since we have already played Baylor this year, maybe? that gives us a slight edge vs. having to face Rice, a team we have not yet played.