Summit League Standings

ORUJason

Here are the standings for the Top 4 teams headed into the final week of the baseball regular season.

ORU 14-5 30-21

Oakland 12-5 21-28

NDSU 13-7 37-15

SUU 11-8 17-31

This is a pretty tight race between the top 3 teams for the #1 spot. NDSU has 37 wins but has played a weaker schedule than ORU or Oakland, although they have taken 2 of 3 from Minnesota and 1 of 3 from Arizona.

Oakland played a tougher schedule but didn't gut out many impressive non-conf. wins. However, they did take 2 from ORU. I see them as a little bit of a surprise though.

Our matchup with NDSU will be challenging. They clearly have some solid players or would not have been able to amass 37 wins at this point. I see SUU as being a more distant 4th seed, so IMHO entering the Summit League tournament as the #1 seed will be important to set up a better opportunity for a 1st round win.

It is amazing that these will be the last regular season Summit League games for ORU in any sport. Then the Summit League tournament will sunset our in-conference participation as a member of the Summit League. It would sure be nice to close it out in the right way over the next couple of weeks, but it is interesting that after a decade and a half of dominance, it appears that it will be a battle to the end this year. This will certainly setup an exciting Summit League tournament.

TheEagleman is in OKC on business this week. I was hoping to get to the NDSU game tonight but unfortunately, I have to work until 6pm here....sorry to miss the game but hope that we sweep the Bison!....go Blue! :clap:

Magic number is 4 over both OU and NDSU (ORU wins + OU/NDSU losses). Just win and we're in...

3 out of 4 should probably do it.....otherwise Oakland could sneak in as #1....would be nice to avoid NDSU in the first round and play SUU.... :nerd:

Oakland commits five errors in a 10-8 loss to SUU. Now, a split with NDSU and one more Oakland loss would get it done (of course, I'm expecting better than this!)