Why you need to come to play

rlh

Chicago State has the two quickest guards in the conference and if you let them do what they want, they can absolutely frustrate you. The second thing that CSU has is a deep deep frontcourt that will pound the boards. If Mickey or Caleb don't do their jobs inside tonight, CSU can give you all kinds of problems.

You have several things in your favor: 1- the hometown crowd 2-the best player in the conference in Green 3- you are on a mission after last year and 4- you are the better team

If you come to play, you win....anything less and you could be disappointed again. I'm sure the coaches have told the players the same thing.

As I told Huge last night after the game, you CANNOT allow Chicago State to represent our conference in the NCAA Tournament. You absolutely CANNOT !!!!!!

As I posted under another thread:

Chicago St beat W Ill, Valpo, and IUPUI (twice now), all of whom beat ORU. So, Chicago St can beat ORU and is playing well right now, maybe better than Oakland was last year.

Doesn't anyone remember last year? We should be very nervous right now and the team should be all worked up anticipating a tough game.

Tonight is the biggest ORU game in 22 years. It ain't over yet.

I'll be coaching my son's 7th grade team.

You should cancel the game and bring both teams to the Championship.

Doesn't anyone remember last year? We should be very nervous right now and the team should be all worked up anticipating a tough game.

Tonight is the biggest ORU game in 22 years. It ain't over yet.

TE, I disagree majorly with your first quote of being very nervous right now...on the contrary, we should be very resolved right now - very focused! Failure is not even an option! It's amazing what kind of skill and performance gets pulled out of you when you have that mentality - and after seeing our guys last night, I believe that's exactly where they're at!

On your second quote, I have to agree with you!!! :D

GO EAGLES!!!

RLH,

i agree with you totally. ORU will have to play thier absolute best or it's upset city. We cant count on CSU running out of gas. thats not good enough. We need to show them who is #1 and how eagles play ball.

God help us not come in with a "we got this" mentality or a "i hope we don't loose" menatlity.

I agree, CSU should never represent the Mid-con in NCAA, it was bad enough that 12-18 Oakland got in last year. We cant have this one on us.

all that said, I don't believe we can be stopped right now. ORU has so much confidence. We need to punish CSU and show them who's boss in the mid-con. :evil:

Expect a repeat of the game plan Oakland used last year - slow the game down and wait until 10-15 seconds are left in the shot clock to run their offense. That is what they did in Mabee Center several weeks ago. Chicago State's only chance is to slow the game down and limit possessions.

I also expect them to pressure us sometime during the game.

You have to expect things of yourselves before you can do them.

--Michael Jordan

Life's battles don't always go To the stronger or faster man, But soon or late the man who wins Is the man who thinks he can."

-- Arnold Palmer

EasyTel Guy, I just wanted to add a couple of quotes to yours.

Shoot Around went great this morning.

Great quotes mom! & thanks for the good word about shoot around!

EasyTel Guy, I just wanted to add a couple of quotes to yours.

Shoot Around went great this morning.

Sweet quotes Mom!

There is nothing to be nervous about outside of the normal butterflies. Last year the team put all the pressure of the world on them before the game started. The team this year understands that the pressure is a positive. It means that they are doing something right to have those expectations. ORU is back-to-back conference champs for a reason. The ORU team last year did not come in over confident. They came out way too tight. If anything, this team needs to do whatever it takes to be relaxed like last night. The 10 guys playing with ORU on their chest tonight have nothing to do with it being 22 years over due for a NCAA berth. This team needs to forget history and understand that they are the best team on the floor tonight. This team needs to jump on Chicago State early and send a message that their run is over. ORU has played in big game after big game for two years. What has CSU done besides be an embarrasement to the league? Tonight is our night and we are going dancing! Chicago St. has 18 losses this year so we just need to put them where they belong. It's not rocket science to beat these guys. Just play your game and we win. That simple!

I hope to God that our crowd will be loud and hostile at the tip-off tonight. We all need to make CSU feel like it is them against the world tonight and that they have no chance. Here's to not having a voice by 6:30 tonight!

As I said yesterday about the Valpo game.

ORU WILL DOMINATE THE GAME!

ORU WILL MAKE NOISE IN THE NCAA. THERE IS NOT A 1,2 OR 3 SEED THAT WANTS ORU AS ITS' FIRST GAME.

ORU WINS BIG TONIGHT!

Guest EagleBackr
Great quotes mom! & thanks for the good word about shoot around!

...and may I add THIS chestnut from Judge Schmayals of Bushwood Country Club and Caddyshack fame:

"It's easy to grin,

When your ship has come in,

And you've got the stock market beat.

But the man worth his while,

Is the man who can smile,

When his pants are too tight in the seat!"

".....OK - hit it, Pookie!"

Expect a repeat of the game plan Oakland used last year - slow the game down and wait until 10-15 seconds are left in the shot clock to run their offense. That is what they did in Mabee Center several weeks ago. Chicago State's only chance is to slow the game down and limit possessions.

I also expect them to pressure us sometime during the game.

I don't think CSU has the "horses" to slow the game down. I believe their best opportunity to win is to get us playing their brand of "street ball". This is exactly what happened to UMKC and IUPUI. I don't believe we will fall for that trap - and we have the "studs" to take over the game - but I believe that is their only chance to beat us. If we dictate the style of play - we win going away.

Yeah I've never seen Chicago St. try to slow a game down..their little guards like to get out and run. If they do try to do that, then they will just be playing out of their game. I think we are in good shape either way

They got no chance tonight but give it up for their band and dance squad.

They got the skin, the moves, and the beat. Straight out of the movie

"Drum Line" I watched the IUPUI-CSU game. They've got to be tired playing their street ball style 3 days in a row. We have a big advantage

in the energy/stamina category. We'll probably see some hands on the

hips and hunchin over down the stretch.

I think it probably goes without saying that CSU is a better basketball team than their record indicates. As we all know, their schedule was ridiculously, yet purposefully, brutal. That said though, they are not a well-balanced or exceptionally disciplined team but their style (watch yourself, hawaee1, on that potentially inflammatory street ball remark) can be very disruptive.

ORUBlue82 said it first. I'm a minority too.

Did'nt know "Street ball" was inflamitory.

Hope your not some white dude trying to

lecture me on whats politically correct.