10 Things I'm Looking Forward To Next Season

Old Titan

10. Shawn Glover (the next Domo?)

9. Not caring one bit about anything happening in the Dakotas

8. Jackson, Bilbury, and Obaseki coming off redshirts.

7. If freshmen Byford and Kaufmann can contribute.

6. Who our rivals will become in the Southland Conference.

5. Katy, TX in March.

4. White uniforms.

3. Oklahoma Sooners on our home court.

2. Who our starting point guard is.

1. Where the current members of our coaching staff will all be seated when TU visits on December 23rd.

9. Not caring one bit about anything happening in the Dakotas

4. White uniforms.

Couldn't agree more. Boooooo Dakotas. Booooo gold uni's. Domo's bobblehead was the only white uni we saw this year. Sad. though I do think the ORU could use an upgrade. the Microsoft Publisher Word Art is a bit dated.

Couldn't agree more. Boooooo Dakotas. Booooo gold uni's. Domo's bobblehead was the only white uni we saw this year. Sad. though I do think the ORU could use an upgrade. the Microsoft Publisher Word Art is a bit dated.

Why did we wear gold uniforms all season this year?

Because we never lost... :)

Was that really it? Were we going to continue wearing the gold uniforms as long as we had a home winning streak?

Yep. We lost to Oakland wearing white in 2011, switched to gold the next game, won that game and the remainder of our home games in gold, stayed in gold all this season at home during home winning streak.

Took only gold uni's to Sioux Falls since we were "home" team in all games as #1 seed.

Scott Sutton is somewhere between "don't-mess-with-a-streak", and "downright superstitious".

That superstitious stuff is dumb.....missed the white uniforms.....they will be back next season....Scott and his tie could be gone anyway.....maybe right across town or at SMU.....we should know in the next week or so.....TheEagleman has also seen enough of DBH....he has turned out to be a real stiff.....very disappointing season for the big man....maybe he should dye his hair cinnaberry and switch over the the ORU ladies team where he might be able to start at center and average a double double.....then he could tweet all day about how good he is....... |(

That superstitious stuff is dumb.....missed the white uniforms.....they will be back next season....Scott and his tie could be gone anyway.....maybe right across town or at SMU.....we should know in the next week or so.....TheEagleman has also seen enough of DBH....he has turned out to be a real stiff.....very disappointing season for the big man....maybe he should dye his hair cinnaberry and switch over the the ORU ladies team where he might be able to start at center and average a double double.....then he could tweet all day about how good he is....... |(

I think Scott's words were something like, "I'm not overly superstitious, but . . ."! Kind of humorous, actually. I wonder how much of it is like me and my complaints about SFA - started out real enough years ago, now I just keep doing it for fun.

I understand the disappointment about DBH, Eagleman, but we never know the whole story. I always bring this up in these situations, and I have before this season - years ago we were railing on the message board about the half-effort we were seeing in then-big man Blake Moses. His worst season was his senior year, he didn't hustle up and down the court, he wasn't scoring much, made little effort to get to rebounds, and we were totally frustrated with him. It was only after the season was over that we found out that he'd played all season with a broken bone in his foot, in terrible pain the whole time, and about two days after the season was over he had surgery to correct it.

We don't know what's really up with Damen, but I can tell you this - Wednesday night during time-outs and when he was not on the court he was standing - not sitting - behind the bench, obviously in considerable pain, with a heating pad strapped to his back. The trainer brought it over and strapped it on whenever he came off the court. He was playing in spite of his pain. Without him we'd be down to what - six players? Who knows what shapes he's been in all season. I can't say that back problems have been all that have limited his output this season, but it's very possible that it was part of it. I remember years back both Ken Tutt and Luke Spencer-Gardner were sidelined with back spasms for part of a season. At least Damen had made himself available when we needed him.

I think we need to be slow to criticize when we don't know the whole story.

• Upvote 1

Well....if DBH has been bothered by his back all season.....I apologize......TheEagleman understands that our coaching staff isn't going to advertise injuries to the opposition......so i was definitely out of line if DBH has been playing at less than 75%.....if not, I would love to see him coming off Coach Fink's bench next season at the 5 spot...... ;-)