The NIT

Old Titan

With Texas-Arlington's stunning loss in the Southland semi's tonight, I'm moving the Mavericks near the top of the list of potential opponents for Wednesday night.

UTA is a talented, athletic team that got embarrassed by McNeese State in Katy tonight - no telling how they might respond in the NIT after such a crushing loss. After losing just one game in conference play all season, they were a consensus pick to win their conference tournament and get an NCAA automatic berth.

Gee, that doesn't sound familiar, does it? :?:

With Texas-Arlington's stunning loss in the Southland semi's tonight, I'm moving the Mavericks near the top of the list of potential opponents for Wednesday night.

UTA is a talented, athletic team that got embarrassed by McNeese State in Katy tonight - no telling how they might respond in the NIT after such a crushing loss. After losing just one game in conference play all season, they were a consensus pick to win their conference tournament and get an NCAA automatic berth.

Gee, that doesn't sound familiar, does it? :?:

You forgot to add that UTA is also leaving its league at the end of the year... (cue eerie music).

You forgot to add that UTA is also leaving its league at the end of the year... (cue eerie music).

AND, they both have a head coach named Scott who, in his first head coaching job, has made a name for himself and is rumored to be on the short-list of AD's of larger schools all over the country.

(This whole goofy exercise is starting to sound a lot like this).

The brackets seem to be pretty fluid right now. Looks like we are a #3 seed in the Miami regional, playing UMass. Winner takes on the Iona/Stanford winner and Akron is in our regional (if they can get past Illinois and Miami). Based on these projections, teams like Arkansas, UCLA, Georgia, Butler, TCU and George Mason are out.

http://nitology.com/bracket31112.html

I noticed the other day that C.M Newton is the chair of the NIT selection committee. It would not surprise me if he holds to form and favors the big schools like he did when he ran the NCAA tournament committee. I really hope ORU gets a home game.

MSG or bust...let's go

Couldn't agree more, Alum. Time to make some noise and show that we were meant for the Big Dance by getting to New York City. All publicity is good at this point and to spend 3 - 5 nights on ESPN for 2 hours at a time would be advertising that we could never afford to buy.

If ORU wants to get to MSG.....we need our guys to be highly motivated and DBH has to show up.....he's been basically invisible since he hit that game winner at UALR except for a handful of games.....he needs to start playing like Tarzan instead of Jane..... :nerd:

If ORU wants to get to MSG.....we need our guys to be highly motivated and DBH has to show up.....he's been basically invisible since he hit that game winner at UALR except for a handful of games.....he needs to start playing like Tarzan instead of Jane..... :nerd:

Although DBH has shown up in some games since mid-December (i.e., Akron to name one), he has not been consistent in being "in the game". I think he is a better player than what he has displayed in the recent past. I don't know if he is physically hurt, but that doesn't appear to be the problem.

• Upvote 1

I called it. C. M. Newton favored the power conference schools. ORU has best RPI, but gets a 4 seed.

One of the "last teams out" gets a 4 seed in the NIT? That's a travesty. With the exception of Dayton, all the 1 and 2 seeds are power conference wash outs.

Our seeding probably limits us to just 1 home game ... I hope we get a good showing of fans at 8:15 on Wednesday. I thought we deserved a 2 or 3-seed, but the bracket we're in looks like we have a chance to compete and do well ... If we can win a couple on the road, probably agains PAC12 teams...

The Strength of Schedule is really a problem for us. We are going to have a hard time getting our SOS higher playing in the Southland. I think our presence in the Southland will eventually get the other schools to start scheduling better, but it is going to take 3-5 years to get to a respectable level.

• Upvote 1

One of the "last teams out" gets a 4 seed in the NIT? That's a travesty. With the exception of Dayton, all the 1 and 2 seeds are power conference wash outs.

and Dayton has to go on the road to Big 10 Iowa. i was hoping coach sutton would call out newton during the interview with dari. he's a lot classier than i would have been.