Alcorn St. vs. ORU

theeagleman5

Good Guys win the opener 11-1.....record up to 4-5........hopefully ORU gets to .500 on Saturday..... :clap:

Good Guys win the opener 11-1.....record up to 4-5........hopefully ORU gets to .500 on Saturday..... :clap:

I only count four losses....three with Baylor and one with EMU. I think we're 4-4 now (regardless of what our Media Relations folks believe!!). :-D

You can't always believe what you read - even in the Oracle!! :-D :-D

We lost to Wichita State.... Unfortunately

I'm not counting that one....we shouldn't be playing them that early in the season!! :envy:

OK, instead of taking my post down, I'll just eat crow and apologize profusely to the Media Relations guys...they are the best (as usual)!! :up:

Yeah....ORU rolls to an easy 11-5 win over Alcorn St. to even the record at 5-5.....the bats have come alive this weekend with 22 runs....6 hrs including a one each day by Schlehuber......this kid is starting to rip the ball and is 6 for 9 on the weekend.....Bowen went all nine yesterday and Griller had a so-so six innings today....the bullpen shut the door with 3 scoreless innings.....time to bring out the brooms tomorrow afternoon.......anybody know how Gonzo's back is doing?.....TheEagleman is guessing that the Soph is getting the weekend off?...... :sweat:

Another romp today for ORU 12-1 over Alcorn St.....the Good Guys outscore ASU by 34-7 for the weekend....lots of hitting and very good pitching again today....another HR for Schluehuber...his 5th of the season already in 11 games as ORU is now 6-5....Gonzo didn't pitch over the weekend....anybody know if he will be ready to go in the Alabama tournament next weekend?..... :|

Nice sweep of ASU. Would be even more awesome if the opponent had been Arizona State University instead of Alcorn State University. This should give the team some confidence. It is nice to see the bats heating up!

I was at the game today. I was really impressed with Dan Martony. He came in and just pitched lights out.