Valpo Observations....

ORUTerry

In no particular order:

1. The refs let them play again. How does the league justify the ticky tack fouls these officials call during the seasons and then let the amount of physical play that they did tonight? Completely different type of game. I like it... but it is different than the players and coaches are used to. Also... remember the officials did this last year and then in the title game reverted to form with ticky tack fouls. We need to be aware of the refereeing style at the start of the game.

2. The team played with great determination and effort. The key is that they played as a team - almost like a machine. JB did a good job of directing the offense and maintaining control of the rhythm of the game. He let the game come to him instead of forcing things that were not there.

3. The Valpo guards did a very nice job on Tutt. He struggled all night to get an open shot. They left Bluitt open and he made them pay.

4. Interesting tactic by Valpo to run their offense through Kone in an attempt to draw fouls on Green. Kone showed some offensive moves, but was stymied by a quick double team by either Owens or Michalec. (BTW, I thought Michalec did an admirable job on Oppland... a type of player he is usually not called on to guard.)

5. Surprised we did not see Howard driving the ball more.... a tribute to Owen's defense I guess.

6. Yemi had several great blocks.... especially the one on Colclasure shooting a 3-pointer. Seth didn't know Yemi could elevate that high, that quick. Yemi also pulled down some boards.... what was up with that?

We were amazing defensively! I mean amazing! When you limit a Valpo to 58 points for the game, you've played some outstanding D!

How about LO taking a couple offensive charges against Kone in the 1st half!

I think we had 7 blocks as a team! We were all over them...quicker, hungrier! 6th man was in effect tonight - the crowd was amazing!

We were screaming our heads off...all of my friends and I had a fantastic time! It was fun to see so many things go our way!

Very good observations by both of you. It was a proper butt-kicking.

By the way, if any of you see Matt Gastel, please pass on regards from the Valpo fan that was yelling at him to sit down last night. I didn't realize who he was until tonight when a couple of my Valpo friends recognized him.

By the way, don't mistake this for an apology :wink: