Valpo sign?

richieoru

Quick question: The Valpo students were holding up a sign that said "Fire Mark Harman" (or something like that) who is harman? They got the sign taken away from them in the second half. At least there signs weren't as bad as the Oakland bands signs were...Yuck.

The sign said, "Fire Harmon". Eric Harmon is the Coordinator of Men's Officials, and was sitting at the scorers table right in front of those morons.

Signs were allowed into the game last night - they had theirs taken away because they made personal attacks on individuals.

They were pretty ugly about he whole thing. At first they refused to hand their signs over, utill the event people had to bring in security. I was amazed that the situation escallated to that point. I know it was pure frustration on the part of those young guys, but it shouldn't have gotten as ugly as it did.

You can read more about Eric Harmon here:

http://www.mid-con.com/uploads/files/BB_Guide_pg1-8.pdf

Thank you, that answers my question very well.

J. D. Collins did a great job last night. Hope we have him again tonight!

J. D. Collins did a great job last night. Hope we have him again tonight!
Couldn't agree more, mom. I'm sure everybody gets sick of me saying how much I like this guy's officiating.

IUPUI refs were great last night. They did a great job. i hope we get them. Our refs last night were poor 2/3.

MJ, Collins is the Italian looking official, I think that is who you are referring to. He doesn't officiate for us often because he is so good that most of the time he is calling for the larger conferences.

WHAT?! You all think he is good? That guy makes more out of position calls than any ref I have ever seen! I really am in shock that you all like him.

They also had a sign "Neutral Court?" Seems like Valpo had the

Mid Con tourney in their back yard (Moline Ill.) 10 years in a row.

It's all about money and right now ORU's backyard provides the

most.

Sore Losers!

They also had a sign "Neutral Court?" Seems like Valpo had the

Mid Con tourney in their back yard (Moline Ill.) 10 years in a row.

It's all about money and right now ORU's backyard provides the

most.

Sore Losers!

haha, yeah I saw that sign too..Heck, Valpo had the tourney in Fort Wayne for a few years too. I think its about 50 miles from campus and they didnt complain then. Thats so weak. We could be playing on home courts like most smaller conferences...

A neutral court that is in the middle of schools would gain no money for the conference. Where as the tourney in tulsa, will have many fans buying tickets.

The Neutral Court sign was cute, there was no problem with it. It was whining and unnecessary, but it was cute.

There is QUITE a difference between Valpo having the tourney in Fort Wayne (which is 2 hours from Valpo, not 50 miles) or Moline, which I think is further, and ORU having the tourney in Tulsa.

If you want to use that argument, the 1995 championship game at the ARC is a much better argument. That is the last year that we had a tournament game in our home town, and it may have only been the championship game. There weren't a tenth as many Valpo fans in Fort Wayne as there would have been had it been held in Valpo.

A neutral court that is in the middle of schools would gain no money for the conference. Where as the tourney in tulsa, will have many fans buying tickets.

I agree with you, and for me this is a non-issue. I think the VuCru guys were bitter about us getting our butts properly kicked. I personally think that Tulsa has been a shot in the arm for the Mid-Con tourney. The TSC does the best job of any venue so far.

Stl VU & rlh,

You guys are class acts! That's all I have to say...you guys are gracious toward our success this week! Kudos for pulling for the Mid-Con in general...