3, Dominique Morrison (3) 25.

4, Alex Young 2.

Coach of Year

1, Scott Nagy (3) 22.

2, Scott Sutton (3) 20.

3, Jim Molinari (1) 14.

4, Roger Reid 4.

5, Saul Phillips 3.

Yeah, I think this is where a little of the ol' jealousy and resentment factors might show their heads, though really can't argue much about Wolters numbers when it comes to POY.

But Hamilton getting votes over Domo? And Nagy playing all year with a full deck, while Scott Sutton loses a potential starter in the preseason, and goes the entire season with a former walk-on and a redshirt freshman representing 2/3 of his 3-man bench? Oh, and BTW, he won the conference! Please...

I agree with you about POY, OT. His consistency has been a little better than Domo's (or Hamilton's) throughout the season, even though at his best I think Domo has been a tad better. But I've got no problem with Wolters being POY, if that happens.

But SINCE you brought it up, OT, I'll post a bit of research I've been doing about COY.

These are the Coaches of the Year for every year that ORU has been in the Summit League. Columns are:

Year, Coach and school, program finish that season. Next two columns are ORU's finishes, and for comparison, Oakland's finishes

98.....Dan Peters, YSU (3)............2.....-

99.....Jim Kerwin, WIU (3).............2.....-

00.....Greg Kampe, OU (1)............6.....1

01.....Bill Evans, SUU (2)..............7.....5

02.....Homer Drew, Valpo (2).........2.....3

03.....Ron Hunter, IUPUI (2)..........4.....3

04.....Kevin Jones, CSU (6/5)..(4/3).....8

05.....Rich Zvosec, UMKC (2).......1.....7

06.....Ron Hunter, IUPUI (2)..........1.....7

07.....Greg Kampe, OU (2)............1.....2

08.....Scott Sutton, ORU (1)..........1.....3

09.....Saul Phillips, NDSUI (1)........2.....3

10.....Greg Kampe, OU (1).............3.....1

11.....Greg Kampe, OU (1).............2.....1

In 15 seasons in the conference ORU has finished #1 or #2 ten of those seasons. In 13 eligible seasons Oakland has finished #1 or #2 four times.

Scott Sutton has earned COY one time. Greg Kampe four times. Even Ron Hunter recieved the award twice, in spite of a less successful record than Oakland, and having the records of twenty five games over four seasons vacated by the NCAA and conference due to sanctions (reason for dual numbers in 04)

Go figure.

• Upvote 1

Wolters carries that team, hard to argue with him being POY. They'd be in the bottom half of the league without him.

I'd vote Sutton for COY though.

Wolters carries that team, hard to argue with him being POY. They'd be in the bottom half of the league without him.

You're right on the money, FargoBison.

Wow, that's an interesting breakdown. I thought Sutton had won it one other time. Still doesn't seem like enough when a team's been 1st or 2nd that many times.

+1 tmh...great breakdown. thanks for taking the time to put that together.

every season Kampe has finished either 1st or 2nd in the league he won (4 times). by comparison Sutton has finished 1st or 2nd eight times and only won it once prior to this year. popularity contest?

i think Wolters and Nagy are stone cold locks. the league will not be giving ORU any awards in their last year.

I can understand why you would think that since the last time you played us, before he checked out of the game, Nate had 30 points and NDSU had 28. :rock::jackrabbit::inlove:

Wolters is pretty darn good! No problem with that one.

If Scott doesn't win that is a ripoff. They lose their starting pt guard and big guy is hurt at the beginning of the year and very thin bench and lose 1 game in conference! What the heck? What else do you have to do?

Just what we need on the ORU Sports Message Board - a SDSU fan talking smack to a NDSU fan. Awesome.

Hey Eagleman, let's go over to Rabbitville and highjack a thread with a Cowboys / Eagles argument.

Just what we need on the ORU Sports Message Board - a SDSU fan talking smack to a NDSU fan. Awesome.

Hey Eagleman, let's go over to Rabbitville and highjack a thread with a Cowboys / Eagles argument.

OT was over on our board at 10:59 this morning, so no worries he has you covered.

OT was over on our board at 10:59 this morning, so no worries he has you covered.

There's a difference between participating in the conversation on another school's board and using a thread on that board to talk trash to a supporter of a third school.

I read the thread that you referred.to in your snippy little post. Inside that thread there was a discussion about your student section and their use of the "BS" chant. Many of your posters expressed disappointment in that choice by your students. Others defended it, typically by citing that "everyone does it." OT commented on that chant and gave an opinion on our student section likely to never use that chant. (I explain all this not just to give insight to other readers but because I have growing doubts on your ability to comprehend the written word {see since January rant in another thread}). While you may take issue with his tone or his point he was clearly in the spirit of the thread and participating in the conversation.

You, on the other hand, took a comment by a NDSU supporter about this topic as an opportunity to talk smack to him about a game your schools played against one another.

What OT posted on your board bears no resemblance to what you did nor to what I jokingly suggested to The Eagleman that he and I should do. Your inability to discern that not so subtle difference merely reinforces the opinions many on this board have formed about the way some SDSU fans behave on our board.

Now I will sit back and wait for that commonly displayed trademark SDSU passive aggressive behavior. "Ah shucks guys. I'm so sorry. I just like talking sports and I just got carried away. Please forgive me. (now i'll go trash you guys on our board and complain about your mods, blah blah, blah)"

It is such a tired act. OT, The Eagleman and I might be a little cranky but at least we are consistent.

Fair enough, if you think OT intent was to add to the conversation on our board then that tells me all I need to know about the rest of your post. Good day.

Case in point of the passive-aggressive Dakota mindset: saying "good day", when it's obvious what you really meant was "Bite me."

I look forward to the rebel trash-talk we will have to deal with in the Southland: it may not be grammatically correct, but I bet they won't be wishy-washy about it, either. It's called plain speaking, and it's how we Southerners talk (insert rant from "Former SID" about Oklahoma not being in the South here):

______________________________________not in the South_____________________________________

___________sweet tea_________________________________________________________grits_________

_________________________Shreveport_______________________________________________________

__________________________________________________North Carolina___________________________

_________________Yankees_________________________________________________________________

_______________________________more sweet tea_________________________idiots________________

P.S. And yes, I was on the SDSU message board for a few minutes Thursday morning to let them know how classy I thought their student section was while representing the Summit League on national television. I have not been back "since" (ibid), and have no plans to return any time soon. If there's one thing I could not care less about, it's what Jacks fans think about what I have to say. I only care about them HEARING what I have to say.

OT, I think you'll agree that there's nothing better than having your sparring partner prove your point.