CSU defeats IUPUI

ttowncount

Not a good day for the Jaguars. Both men and women were seeded #2 and both got beat today by lower seeds.

Although Oakland was a feel good story last year since they were large underdogs and had never been to the tourney before, I think a chicago state win over ORU would be the last thing that the mid-con wants. They seem to have no fanbase and how bad would it look if chicago st. wins the tourney title and then is given the death penalty next year? They also play an ugly brand of basketball. The quarterfinal game last year against valpo is probably the worst college basketball game I've ever seen.

Also, I wasn't able to attend the session today. Did chicago st. have another local band play for them today? I couldn't believe it yesterday when it appeared that chicago state brought their band but I couldn't understand why the band wasn't cheering for their team. It made sense when I read the paper this morning. At least chicago st. brought their mascot this year and more of their dancers.

The potential exists for a flip of last year's Men's and Women's winners...

Last year, the ORU Women and OU Men won their respective Tournaments. This year, the OU Women and ORU Men have a very good chance of winning their respective Tournaments. If my memory serves me correctly, this will be the second year in a row that the Women will have a #6 seed win their tournament. Sounds like a lucky number.

Agree with your points about representing the conference.

Last night's game against UMKC would have to be the second-worst game you might see. UGLY UGLY.

Chi State actually looked a little better tonight... they shot better than IUPUI. IUPUI was horrible at the line, and not any better at the line. They were really lethargic.

We were in Indy at the ORU game and afterwards they were celebrating their conference championship and guaranteed NIT bid. Maybe too much celebrating too early??

Hunter will probably have the same feeling that Scott Sutton had for a year. Being beaten by a seemingly far less-gifted team.

NO MORE OAKLANDS!!! Finish the Business EAGLES!!!

If my memory serves me correctly, this will be the second year in a row that the Women will have a #6 seed win their tournament. Sounds like a lucky number.

ORU's women were the 4 seed last year. They won their first game and then played #1 Western Illinois in the second game.

Chicago State averages all of what, 5 fans per home game? If the Cougars manage to beat ORU tonight, will anyone care? Seriously!

On a side note, this has been a great tourney so far! I'll post a big long summary post or something when I get home on Wednesday.

Chicago State averages all of what, 5 fans per home game? If the Cougars manage to beat ORU tonight, will anyone care? Seriously!

On a side note, this has been a great tourney so far! I'll post a big long summary post or something when I get home on Wednesday.

IMO, there's no way CSU can beat us tomorrow night! They're just not on the same level as us...particularly with a home crowd at our guys' backs! Much of the success of Valpo game that ORU had was due to the electric crowd! The UMAC was rockin' tonight!!! 8):D:D8)

[quote=""EasyTELGuy

IMO, there's no way CSU can beat us tomorrow night! They're just not on the same level as us...particularly with a home crowd at our guys' backs! Much of the success of Valpo game that ORU had was due to the electric crowd! The UMAC was rockin' tonight!!! 8)

[quote=""EasyTELGuy

IMO, there's no way CSU can beat us tomorrow night! They're just not on the same level as us...particularly with a home crowd at our guys' backs! Much of the success of Valpo game that ORU had was due to the electric crowd! The UMAC was rockin' tonight!!! 8)

Parran - last eight games

FGM/FGA (3ptM/3ptA)

7/16 (3/7) SUU

6/12 (0/2) Centenary

5/15 (3/7) Valpo

4/9 (2/4) WIU

2/4 (2/3) IUPUI

13/18 (7/11) Oakland

5/14 (1/7) UMKC

2/9 (0/3) IUPUI

Holston - last eight games

FGM/FGA (3ptM/3ptA) - a lot of his shots are three pointers

7/21 (6/16)

3/10 (2/6)

6/13 (5/10)

6/14) (3/9)

7/13 (5/7)

4/9 (2/7)

5/9 (3/7)

4/12 (1/5)

4/9 (2/6)

Agree with your points about representing the conference.

Last night's game against UMKC would have to be the second-worst game you might see. UGLY UGLY.

The only thing ugly about that game was UMKC's total breakdown under pressure. I LOVE watching CSU play. Their guards are by far the quickest in the Mid-Con, their post players crash the boards a lot better than ours do, and they are shooting lights out from behind the arc.

IMO, there's no way CSU can beat us tomorrow night! They're just not on the same level as us...particularly with a home crowd at our guys' backs! Much of the success of Valpo game that ORU had was due to the electric crowd! The UMAC was rockin' tonight!!! 8):D:D8)

As you saw, the crowd did not rattle the Cougars tonight. Your coach's adjustments in the 2nd half, the increased intensity of your defense and offense in the 2nd half, and tired legs were the undoing of the Cougars.

But they have NO fear whatsoever. Thousands of screaming fans have no noticeable affect on them. I have never seen a team like that before.

Your coach's adjustments in the 2nd half

I had wanted to point out that our coaching won the games against Valpo & Chicago State, but it looks like you mentioned it first. It was great seeing our team with plays we haven't used before this season. A little difficult for a team reviewing film to know what we do when we keep changing it up!!! Kudos to our coaches & players :D