Best Summit League Memories

Holtontulsa

Many to choose from. I would have to say the year we were playing Western Illinois in the League tourney here in Tulsa when Claudia Louis came down ontop of Zane Tilani's head and Tilani had to get stitches in her head. I remember Leslie Craine saying she would have told her team to bring the pads and helmets had she known they would be playing football rules LOL

May have been same year as above, not sure. Our girls played Texas in the first round of the NCAA tournament in Texas I want to say. Texas had a good guard that had been injured previously in the season, a neck injury or a foot injury, I can't remember. With about 2 or 3 minutes left in the game Caludia was standing tall and solid at the half court line while our PG was running full speed forward with the ball, Texas' guard was running backwards with her, none of her team mates called out the screen to her and I mean to tell you Claudia knocked that girl OUT!!! I mean she went to SLEEP.... Claudia later fouled out in the game to have the entire Texas crowd BOOOO her on the way to the bench!!! That girl was tough!

Yes I believe that was the same year. I remember that charge. Claudia was one tough cookie!

Janae Voelker was another tough player who comes to mind. This year's team is great, but could probably benefit from a hard-nosed player like Claudia or Janae.

janae was tough i remember the scream when she hurt her knee might have been the same game she broke a tooth???

Yes I believe that was the same year. I remember that charge. Claudia was one tough cookie!

Janae Voelker was another tough player who comes to mind. This year's team is great, but could probably benefit from a hard-nosed player like Claudia or Janae.

That play wasn't a charge. It came on a rebound. Teilane was behind Claudia under basket, and Claudia jumped straight back to grab the rebound and smashed Teilane's face with the top of her head. It nearly knocked Claudia out and Zane ended up with a wired jaw.

My favorite WBB memory in my 10 years came in Kansas City in the '04 tournament, also against WIU. We were down 14 points in regulation with about 8 minutes left and came to win in OT against the top-seeded Westerwinds. That began Western's run of misery in the tournament, most of which came against us.

My favorite WBB memory in my 10 years came in Kansas City in the '04 tournament, also against WIU. We were down 14 points in regulation with about 8 minutes left and came to win in OT against the top-seeded Westerwinds. That began Western's run of misery in the tournament, most of which came against us.

Hard times for the Westerwinds . . . ;-)

That play wasn't a charge. It came on a rebound. Teilane was behind Claudia under basket, and Claudia jumped straight back to grab the rebound and smashed Teilane's face with the top of her head. It nearly knocked Claudia out and Zane ended up with a wired jaw.

FYI - The charge I referenced was from the NCAA game against Texas, not from a game vs. Western Illinois.