Observations from the box score

ORUTex

11 random notes in honor of Valpo's streak:

1. Four guys in double figures - nice to see.

2. As a team, we had 15 assists and 8 turnovers. Hard to lose when you combine that with 51% from the field, 46% from 3pt land, and 86% from the line.

3. Bluitt ZERO turnovers in 36 minutes!

4. I didn't realize how starter-heavy we were tonight. Only 4 points off the bench (all from Yemi).

5. They outrebounded us 38-29 (16 offensive) and still got fewer shots (59-55). This was largely because they had 16 turnovers to our 8.

6. Valpo got 6 more free throws (20-14), but we both made 12.

7. We had 7 blocked shots! Kone had fewer blocked shots (2) than pathetic attempts to fake taking a charge by falling down under the basket (3 by my count, but not in the box score).

8. Fouls almost exactly even - 17 on them (including intentional ones near the end), 16 on us. Nothing to whine about there.

9. After carrying us on Saturday, Ken only gets 10 (on just 8 shots), and we still win by 19.

10. Caleb only shot 1 free throw (made it) and still got 23.

11. Caleb made 11 FG's - one for each consecutive Valpo loss to ORU in Tulsa!

ORU Shoots 60% tonight and wins big! Watched Riouse at shoot around and the man is on fire! Moses the same! Tutt will be the man tonight, and Caleb will dominate the middle. I might add if Larry wants to dominate he can .....lets just see if Larry wants too!

I like Mickey but if his shot not working he must realize that he has to rebound to help this team!

ORU is the best team in the Mid-Con. The unfinished business will continue on to tomorrow night.

I will quote myself from early today........the player I didn't mention was JB ......my bad.

Kudo to the defense tonight very nice!