W. Illinois at ORU...Predictions and thoughts

theeagleman5

Big game this afternoon at Mabee Center for our team.......ORU needs to get back on the winning track.....should be a nice crowd with homecoming weekend and all......our ladies should be highly motivated and ready to rumble.....any thoughts or predictions out there?.... :nerd:

Well, in that case flip flop my predictions for Bigham and Pyle and add 2 for Bigham and take 2 from Pyle. Bigham makes up 2 pts because of more shots. Pyle looses 2 because of injury slowness.

ORU 87....WIU 66....the home team coasts to an easy win in front of a nice homecoming crowd.... :nerd:

ORU cruising to victory with a 70-54 lead....5 minutes left....Kevi with 20.... :nerd:

very encouraging game for ORU...great job by the post players stepping up in Pyle's absence.

ORU pulling away in the second half as Kontautaite has cooled off for WIU. am i the only one that wishes Geoff would just give up on that name and call her Toby?

82-69 win.....31 for Kevi.....as she goes....so goes ORU..... :inlove:

very encouraging game for ORU...great job by the post players stepping up in Pyle's absence.

ORU pulling away in the second half as Kontautaite has cooled off for WIU. am i the only one that wishes Geoff would just give up on that name and call her Toby?

The name doesn't exactly roll off your tongue . . .

No, it sure doesn't roll off the tongue. I think Geoff said she was Lithuanian, but it sounded like he was saying Kunta Kinte. Thus my reference to calling her Toby. Roots wise cracks probably still aren't appropriate. I had a history teacher that would waste entire weeks of class with old mini-series and war movies rather than actually teach.

Oh well. Good win for the Golden Eagles.

No, it sure doesn't roll off the tongue. I think Geoff said she was Lithuanian, but it sounded like he was saying Kunta Kinte. Thus my reference to calling her Toby. Roots wise cracks probably still aren't appropriate. I had a history teacher that would waste entire weeks of class with old mini-series and war movies rather than actually teach.

Oh well. Good win for the Golden Eagles.

"Roots" references mya not be appropriate, but I thought the SAME THING. When Geoff (and oruvoice AT the game) attempted to say the name it sounded like Kunta Kinte!

I was just sad to not see Leslie and Todd. I didn't realize that WIU let them go at the end of last season...

Their new coach seemed like he could coach and was a nice guy. Beating Western one last time on our way out of the conference was slightly unfulfilling, without getting to see Leslie pretend like she could coach and seeing Todd scream down the officials, table personnel, and challenge a teenage girl or fan to a fist fight.

I was just sad to not see Leslie and Todd. I didn't realize that WIU let them go at the end of last season... Their new coach seemed like he could coach and was a nice guy. Beating Western one last time on our way out of the conference was slightly unfulfilling, without getting to see Leslie pretend like she could coach and seeing Todd scream down the officials, table personnel, and challenge a teenage girl or fan to a fist fight.

You make me laugh, voice. We hosted the WIU women for the four years of the conference tournament in Tulsa, and I can honestly say that Leslie was very pleasant to work with off the court.

My classic memory of WIU (actually, I have two) during the Leslie Crane era was the time that one of their pip-squeak little players (seemed like they always copped an attitude) was taken out of the game after a foul (can't remember if she'd fouled out or was just taken out) and as she went off the court she kicked the scorers' table, and the rotating advertising sign on the front of it, in the process breaking the thing. From what I understand it cost several hundred dollars to fix or replace what was damaged. I think we sent WIU a bill for the damage, but they never responded. The other classic memory was the pick that Claudia Lewis set for Zane Teilane in a conference tournament game. I really don't remember precisely what happened but somehow Zane bumped Claudia, I think hit her head, and very nearly knocked her two central incisors out. Blood everywhere. Regular season conference champs WIU lose to ORU - again. Not a happy coach or team after that game. In fact, they ran off the court, out the door, and I never saw them again that tournament.

Good times.