Jonathan Bluitt is my Hero tonight

OKC Eagle

JB does not get a lot of love on this board, but he played the game of his life tonight. He shot great, played great D and took care of the ball. I guess Caleb played okay too. And Larry. And Ken. Well, everybody!

I agree. JB did a wonderful job cutting apart the Valpo D tonight. I also thought Yemi had a terrific game... MabeeJ may disagree but I think he needs to shoot it more.

JB was fantastic. I think he scored 7 straight at a key stretch in the second half. Completely under control, and wasn't forcing anything, but made the shots when everyone sagged off to go after the pass.

I also thought he was huge Saturday in settling us down and reestablishing the tempo when we had gotten very sloppy and thrown the ball away several times while letting a 9 point lead slip to one.

I had the honor of sitting next to Micky's parents tonight and enjoyed the game. He did a good job on Kone. This had to be the best game I've seen this season. What a job the team did. They played with only a couple of exceptions an excellent game. They were ready. Man, I sure hope they can play this well tomorrow night. Kone played the best I have seen him play but we just had too much firepower. Bluitt, what a game. This was a great win and # 20 for the season. :lol:

Kone did play well thats for sure, but enough with the flops every time someone brushes him hes on the ground. Really enjoyed the refs tonight not falling for that crap. Kone reminded me of Vlade Divac playing Shaq that guy was on the ground more than he was up. You think Homer told them to flop like that cause it did seem like more than just Kone was going down?

Guest Rob Marshall
JB does not get a lot of love on this board, but he played the game of his life tonight. He shot great, played great D and took care of the ball. I guess Caleb played okay too. And Larry. And Ken. Well, everybody!

I have more than once lead the charge in being critical of Bluitt's play, so I want to be one of the first to congratulate the kid on an outstanding effort tonight. Bluitt played very well tonight and I thought really contributed to his team's success in attaining decisive margin of victory over the second best team in the Mid Con.

I've never been a big fan of guards who "over-dribble" the basketball and Bluitt has a tendency to do just that and it gets him and thus ultimately his team in trouble. When he dribbles less, he plays better and so do the Golden Eagles.

Great game JB, and as I said (to him) tonight (as he left the media interview room), "young man, you were a lot of fun to watch play out there tonight."

I loved seeing Homer finally get a "T" for going out so far on the court.

THe Valpo fans with the sign saying "Neutral Court?" were rather entertaining, but I guess they can take it back to Indiana. We felt that way when we went to Ft.Wayne and their team & fans drove back & forth.

:wink:

Agree. JB was great. No bad decisions and zero turnovers. Owens was simply a level above anything Valpo could throw at him. Incredible determination. And Caleb showing incredible determination in the second half. Yemi had an Alvin Scott lookalike thundering swat.

Now lets take care of the unfinished biz!

Guest Rob Marshall
I loved seeing Homer finally get a "T" for going out so far on the court.

THe Valpo fans with the sign saying "Neutral Court?" were rather entertaining, but I guess they can take it back to Indiana. We felt that way when we went to Ft.Wayne and their team & fans drove back & forth.

:wink:

Actually, I would have been disappointed in any coach who didn't walk out onto the floor and get that "T" ... it was a horrible call against the Valpo kid. So, props to Homer Drew for standing up for his player (and team). I have no problem with what Coach Drew did and actually respect him a lot for it.

That said, mom, you're right ... others (the city of Valparaiso, IN included) can bid to host the event anytime they would like and I promise you will not find a better facility or an organization who can produce a better event than we do here in Tulsa. Yes, ORU has an advantage with more fans than the other schools, but the conference in general benefits financially while having an absolutely first class, top-quality experience for the student athletes and fans.

I agree. JB did a wonderful job cutting apart the Valpo D tonight. I also thought Yemi had a terrific game... MabeeJ may disagree but I think he needs to shoot it more.

Dr. C, I agree that Yemi could shoot it more but for some reason, when he's out there he seems to lack that confidence to step up and shoot. Early in the season he missed quite a few shots and he never really regained his composure. For the most part, when he shoots, he takes real quality shots...where he's really in rhythm!

The reason Yemi gets good looks at the basket is because no team is dumb enough to guard him on the perimeter. He is a great defender, he can defend guards and forwards. He is a good rebounder, he is definitely good at snagging long rebounds because he is long. He is good at getting offensive rebounds and putting the ball back in. He is not a shooter. Yemi shooting is like Mickey dunking, lets just hope it doesn't happen.

Dr. C, after last night's game, Yemi can do whatever he wants. This was the first game all year when I actually said, "We need Yemi in there."

I am a Yemi fan!

Actually, I would have been disappointed in any coach who didn't walk out onto the floor and get that "T" ... it was a horrible call against the Valpo kid. So, props to Homer Drew for standing up for his player (and team). I have no problem with what Coach Drew did and actually respect him a lot for it.

Here, here.

That said, mom, you're right ... others (the city of Valparaiso, IN included) can bid to host the event anytime they would like and I promise you will not find a better facility or an organization who can produce a better event than we do here in Tulsa. Yes, ORU has an advantage with more fans than the other schools, but the conference in general benefits financially while having an absolutely first class, top-quality experience for the student athletes and fans.

If the Genesis Center ever gets their locker room situation, they might give you a run for your money.

But for now, Rob, you are quite correct.

The TSC has been outstanding, and on a personal note, I am very grateful that they accomodated me with my special food needs. Chris Flores, Mike Dotson, and a couple of others personally took care of me in every session, heating up my entrees for me. As someone who is on a medically supervised diet, that was an enormous benefit to me.