Anyone else watching on the Internet with Valpo announcers?

Titanic Eagle

They take homerism to the next level. At a break in the action, one guy says "OH SHOOT!".

I have the ORU radio broadcast on a different computer in my office, but it's several seconds ahead, which is distracting.

Advertising emergency, after-the-fact contraception. No, I'm not starting a debate, but it does seem a little incongruous. Maybe ORU students are a big market. Maybe the curfew (is there still one) is no more effective than when I was there.

still a curfew...only effective for those who choose to allow it to be....

Is your video getting choppy all the sudden? I totally missed the Caleb slam...

hasn't worked yet. Must have been the halftime speech: "flop every time". The only ones fooled were the Valpo announcers.

Of course when Bluitt fell (not really a foul or a flop, they just got tangled and he fell), the Valpo guys say "I think the Oscars were last night".

Yea, these guys are killing me. Especially the "The Oscars were last night" crack. I can't deal with the tape delay on the ORU audio.

I'm getting good performance from Mid-Con TV, problem has been that the ORU radio broadcast is several seconds ahead of the video feed. Oh well, now that the homers are wallowing in self pity it has almost gotten enjoyable. Anyone know who came off the coma table to do color commentary for Valpo?

We were railing on them in the chat room. Where were you?

ORU won because they kept getting lucky.

There was a color commentator? I must have been zoning him out, but I agree it was a lot of fun listening to them at the end.

Color commentator chimed in during timeouts and halftime for one or two sentences...he was horrible.

There color guy doesn't even get a chance to talk, the play by play guy is just non stop and incessent and very hard for anyone except a valpo fan to listen too.

The lead had a very nasal sound to him. I could not put up with that for a whole season. By comparison, the IUPUI guys were a pleasure to listen to.

Agreed...Maybe RLH should remind that clown that he was calling a game for Mid Con TV tonight-not Valpo radio!

In comparison, I noticed what a good job Mark Neely did on the quarterfinal game vs. Western. He was as neutral as possible considering he's our guy. The Valpo guy tonight was saying "We" and "us" a lot during the game and his cheering for VU was painful.

The IUPUI guy was more like Neely-If you listened closely, you could tell who he was pulling for but he TRIED to be somewhat neutral.

Rob

You are mistaken. He was NOT doing the game for Mid-Con TV. Mid-Con TV simply picked a radio station from all the games and piped their feed over the TV picture. That's why you had the problems. As far as the play by play, etc., as far as the announcers knew they were talking to their own fans back home. There is a difference, even with your guys, when you know you are on a network and when you are playing for the folks back home exclusively.

As far as the color guy, he is a student at VU. It is one of the things I have fought against for years, but it is something the university insists on. At least this year they had the same guy every game, instead of rotating students in and out.

On another note, congratulations on the win tonight. you were the better team as some of us expected, and deserved to move on. I would be shocked and saddened if you let Chicago State beat you in the championship game, and with all that is going on there, it would be TERRIBLE for the Mid-Con

RLH,

Sorry I didn't get to say hi, but I do appreciate your professionalism and it was nice to see St Louis Valpo fan too. I will say it was nice of some of your fans to give their tickets away so we could do a better job of filling the arena tomorrow night.

Most ORU fans don't know this, but Mark Neely is a regular for ESPN. It is pretty normal for him to work ESPN college basketball and major league baseball games. Two weeks ago, Mark had to do three ESPN games in one week. He also had to do an ORU men's game early in the week and a doubleheader on the Saturday. Some fans may not like Neely not being more of a homer, but he is about as good as they come. ORU is very lucky to have someone of this caliber. He does a lot of Missouri Valley games on ESPNU and actually filled in for the Louisville-DePaul game a week or so ago. He does a great job of calling the game as he sees it instead of being a fan on the radio.