ORU at North Dakota State

theeagleman5

TheEagleman was out last night and unable to follow the game....returned home late to find out that we got the split in the Dakotas.....what a tremendous win for ORU!.....I agree that this has to be one of our biggest road wins over the past decade.....DoMo steps up bigtime and carries the team on his back in the 2nd half with 36 pts.....and what can I say about DBH?...TheEagleman has been torching that kid over the past couple days and maybe he read my posts.....???....DBH shows up with 16 and 8 and plays a big part in this win....much needed because we didn't get anything from Craion....looks like we did what I thought we needed to do...jump out to an early lead and not let the crowd get into our heads.....this is a sweet victory to enjoy for the next day or two and then we concentrate on IUPUI.....coming back from the northland with a one game lead is fantastic....now we just have to hold serve.....still four tough Summit games to play....great mention by Doug Gottlieb on ESPN.....21-5....TheEagleman is very proud to be an ORU fan today!..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

the Dakota split bumped the RPI up to 45. has the league ever finished with two top 60 RPI teams? the stars have aligned for a special year for the league.

. . . yeah, but they all LAUGHED about it!! Come on, guys!! It WAS a big deal to US!!!

More coverage than most local media. :?:

More coverage than most local media. :?:

Perfect storm for little coverage:

• The TV stations won't give much play to any game where they don't have video to show. If they can't have a cameraman at the game, they will get whatever feed they can off the ESPN, KGEB or the internet, but the NDSU video was hard to get and they would have had to pay for it.

• The Tulsa World will not give their own reporters a "by-line" on stories where the writer is not actually present at the event. It's an old rule that I frankly think is antiquated, since in our case Mike Brown listens to the game on the radio or watches it on TV, and often talks to Scott Sutton after the game to get exclusive quotes. Anyway, they list the "by-line" on those stories as "World Staff Reports", and in those cases, the story hardly gets a prime placement. I was frankly surprised we had anything at all on the front page.

Perfect storm for little coverage:

• The TV stations won't give much play to any game where they don't have video to show. If they can't have a cameraman at the game, they will get whatever feed they can off the ESPN, KGEB or the internet, but the NDSU video was hard to get and they would have had to pay for it.

• The Tulsa World will not give their own reporters a "by-line" on stories where the writer is not actually present at the event. It's an old rule that I frankly think is antiquated, since in our case Mike Brown listens to the game on the radio or watches it on TV, and often talks to Scott Sutton after the game to get exclusive quotes. Anyway, they list the "by-line" on those stories as "World Staff Reports", and in those cases, the story hardly gets a prime placement. I was frankly surprised we had anything at all on the front page.

Your behind-the-scenes knowledge, not only for our program but college basketball in general, never ceases to amaze me, OT. You are an incredible asset to our message board, and are a big part of what makes in one of the more interesting boards I've visited.

• Upvote 1

Your behind-the-scenes knowledge, not only for our program but college basketball in general, never ceases to amaze me, OT. You are an incredible asset to our message board, and are a big part of what makes in one of the more interesting boards I've visited.

I make it all up.

Seriously, thanks for the embarrassingly kind words - your check is in the mail.

• Upvote 1

Congrats on the win ORU fans, your team played a great game. Maybe one of the better games I've seen from a visiting team in the BSA. DoMo was very impressive, we just couldn't slow him down

That said my Bison still control their three seed destiny, I'm hoping we meet again in SF on ESPN with the NCAA golden ticket on the line. That said if it doesn't happen good luck in the Southland and hopefully we can get a non-conference game figured out.

Congrats on the win ORU fans, your team played a great game. Maybe one of the better games I've seen from a visiting team in the BSA. DoMo was very impressive, we just couldn't slow him down

That said my Bison still control their three seed destiny, I'm hoping we meet again in SF on ESPN with the NCAA golden ticket on the line. That said if it doesn't happen good luck in the Southland and hopefully we can get a non-conference game figured out.

Thanks for your kind words, FargoBison. Really appreciate it. Both games between ORU and NDSU have been really good games. Truth is, I'm not especially looking forward to meeting EITHER Dakota team in Sioux Falls - both are extremely dangerous and are capable of sending us home.

Good luck to you guys from here on out. BTW, our fans have been talking about what a class act it was for the NDSU fans to give Kevi Luper a standing ovation for breaking the Summit League scoring record. When asked about it, Coach Finkbeiner said, "They have good fans up here. They appreciate good basketball." I thought that was a pretty nice thing for a visiting coach to say.

No knock against the Bison fans but they weren't giving Kevi a standing ovation.....it was more likely the announcement that a cold shipment of Michelob Light had just been delivered to the arena....... :party::drunk::razz: