ORU at North Dakota State

theeagleman5

A big game tonight at NDSU....TheEagleman isn't really sure what to expect out of ORU.....how will we respond to the butt kicking we got at Brookings the other night?....anybody know the status of Rod Pearson and Mikey Manghum?....sure hope Rod is OK and Mikey, too.....otherwise, it could be a long night playing without a point guard....this is a game where we really need out seniors DoMo and Craion to step up....our leading scorer needs to take charge early and not wait until the 2nd half to start scoring....Craion and DBH need to get some points in the paint....very disappointed with DBH's effort recently....he looks like Tarzan but has been playing like Jane.....we need our center to dominate inside.....this ORU team has shown a lot of heart all season......we need to see some of that tonight..... :sweat:

It will be interesting to see how we respond to the SDSU loss. We need to buckle down on defense, hit the boards and limit turnovers. That is how you win on the road.

I think Pearson is okay, but we also need Manghum back in the lineup.

When I watched both Dakota schools in Tulsa last month, I thought NDSU was the better overall team. Tough test tonight. A loss will throw us into a tie for the conference lead - but 2nd in terms of the tie breaker.

A loss will throw us into a tie for the conference lead - but 2nd in terms of the tie breaker.

And a win tonight will keep us one game ahead of SDSU - and if we were to slip up and lose to any of our future opponents, we would likely still own the tie-breaker.

VERY big game - and a very tough test. I just have the feeling that this battle-tested team will come through tonight.

And a win tonight will keep us one game ahead of SDSU - and if we were to slip up and lose to any of our future opponents, we would likely still own the tie-breaker.

VERY big game - and a very tough test. I just have the feeling that this battle-tested team will come through tonight.

I agree with Terry's comment earlier that of the two Dakota teams that came to the Mabee Center I thought NDSU had the slight edge, in terms of ability, but part of the problem for SDSU may have been the "Cedar City Effect." I also agree with you, Blue, that I just feel like we'll come through tonight. On Thursday all day I was a sack of nerves - right up to, and even during, game time. I don't feel that way at all today.

Does that mean anything?

Winning tonight in Fargo would represent one of the greatest gut-checks in program history.

Do I think we're capable?

I honestly don't know - but I sure hope so!

We need to come out playing hard and hitting shots....if we turn the ball over 5 times in the first 5 minutes....we lose.....can't afford to fall behind these guys by 10 or more.....if we can hang within a few points at halftime, I think DoMo leads the charge to victory....we also need some production from DBH....that kid needs to wake up....I hope he reads this.....TheEagleman calls it 82-79 in a narrow ORU victory..... :nerd:

We are up 7 with under 16 to go... Hang in there!! Meanwhile across the Summit... Souther Utah 29-SDKST 28 with 18 left in the game...

Great win for the good guys tonight. This win has several nice implications:

We remain in first place

We split the Dakota road trip

The team showed that they are tough

With SUU loss and Oaklands win, Oakland is now in SDSU's side of the bracket for the Summit Tournament

We don't have to travel all the way to Fargo again

Great job tonight, fellas!

Holy cow, what a great win!

Props to the guys and the coaches - just a tremendous display of intestinal fortitude tonight.

Greatest "must win" road game in the Sutton era.

...and that long, pitiful moan you just heard is emanating from Brookings, something along the lines of, "@%#$*# North Dakota State....thanks for NOTHING!"

Great win by the good guys. We stay one game ahead of SDSU and can control our own destiny.

We still have to keep winning - but so do the Jackrabbits.

This team showed a lot of mental and physical toughness tonight.

Very good win tonight. A split in the Dakotas was the goal.

Funny, to hear it, you would have thought that Thursday was worth about 5 games in the loss column.

ORU heads back home still maintaining a 2-game lead with 4 games left.

If the box score is correct, every ORU point was scored by a starter. Roundtree started instead of Craion. Craion had a rough night with 0 points (0-3) and 5 fouls.

Craion has been a big time contributor this year so I hope that these last 2games are an aberration.

Way to go DoMo, DBH, Rod, Warren and Steven. A nice performance by the starters.

Not only was it a "great" win, like everyone is saying, it was a SATISFYING win. I can't think of a game this season that felt as good as this one to win.

Great win for the good guys tonight. This win has several nice implications:

We remain in first place

We split the Dakota road trip

The team showed that they are tough

With SUU loss and Oaklands win, Oakland is now in SDSU's side of the bracket for the Summit Tournament

We don't have to travel all the way to Fargo again

Great job tonight, fellas!

My favorite tweet of the night:

Rhett Brooks

Memo to #ORUMBB - don't leave anything in the hotel room; you'll never see Fargo again in your life. @SouthlandSports