Latecomers Tonight!

vcboy2000

One of my friends on campus said a lot of the students are upset because an exam was scheduled for one of the large general education classes (oral communication) at 5pm tonight! Most freshman are in this class, and that makes up about half of the Maniacs. I don't know if he was exaggerating with the 'half' of the maniacs number or not, but it still sucks for the students that have to miss the fist half.

ALot of students are wrapped up in Exams tonight, but the school offered an administrative excuse, so some will come....and take the test later...but because it is mid-terms week they may not want to skip today because it may double up another day...today should be a hug student turn out reguardless.

For that test he said that it was supposed to be given at 5:45pm, and the only alternative they got was to take it at 5pm. It's college though.

My daughter has an exam in a 6:00 class and won't be able to attend.

Back in the early 80's, when I was at ORU and Oral was running the place, they closed the LRC during home games. Those were the days when the school knew the proper prioritization between academics and athletics. :wink:

Back in the early 80's, when I was at ORU and Oral was running the place, they closed the LRC during home games. Those were the days when the school knew the proper prioritization between academics and athletics. :wink:

...And a truism has been spoken! :wink: Ha Ha!

Ya, a bunch of my freshmen are going to be late, they've been getting their tickets from me all day. They apparently aren't going to be allowed to retake the exam even though they had excuses, the only way they can retake them is by paying money for the make-up exam. It definately sucks....

Well, let's take up a collection. Can't have the 6th man cut in half.

As far as athletics vs. academics, I have two of those Bachelors degrees and I've never had 6,000 people come to see me work! :lol:

How does an exam even get scheduled without consulting the Mid-Con Tournament schedule? Someone should be severly reprimanded for this (or fined $50--do they still do that?).

I believe for chapel absences, yes, they still hand 'em out like candy...however May will mark by 2 year anniversary since graduation and every time I return to the place or hear about it it seems to change more and more so they might have totally been eliminated for all I know. Returning on Wednesday night hopefully to an excited campus looking forward to the NCAAs...

This is a travesty! Does Richard know about this? If so, I can't believe he hasn't issued an edict rescheduling the exam(s). I predict this doesn't happen again next year.

Oral Comm teachers want so badly for their class to be important and taken seriously. But it isn't, shouldn't, and never will be.

I got an A on both of my Oral Comm speeches...

Informative: Pheramone Products - can they really increase my sex appeal?

Persuasive: Why Women Shouldn't Drive

Oral Comm teachers want so badly for their class to be important and taken seriously. But it isn't, shouldn't, and never will be.

One of the best posts ever.

Some things never change. My A was for a speech on "Why Barbie dolls will be the downfall of our nation & the family." I focused on little girls being taught that the men in their lives were accessories and could be traded in for a better model.

But I never had to miss an ORU basketball game!!!! :D

I got an A on both of my Oral Comm speeches...

I took Oral Comm 3 times...withdrew while passing the first time (had to drop some hours; I was working nights), skipped my speeches the second time, and replaced my '?' with an 'A' the third time. Oh well...All's well that ends well. My biology degree isn't helping much in film production anyway...