Any Golden Eagles Fans in NYC?

Otis 83

I'm going to be in NYC tomorrow night. In the event that we win tonight (not counting any chickens) I'm wondering if there will be any Golden Eagles fans gathering for the Mid-Con championship game. I'll be in Midtown at the NY Hilton.

I had planned to watch at a friends house Franklyn Lakes, NJ, but if there were Golden Eagles fans gathering in the city it would certainly be more convenient for me to stay here.

I don?t know of any other alumni in New York but it would be great if we could get a watch party going.

I work downtown but I can ask around about good sports bars midtown.

My twin (not an ORU alum) works in the city - near Grand Central I think. He lives in CT so he has a loooong commute. Let me see if he has an interest in hooking up with you guys.

Lynette Troyer (former ORU Alumni Director and now working for Deloitte - ?) was living in NYC the last I heard. Anyone know how to get in touch with her? She would have lots of other contacts I would think.

George Paul might know how to get in touch with her. I'll check the alumni directory also. She was good friends with my roommate. It be great to see her. Good thinking Terry.

I think Troyer is in North Carolina now. I'm not certain, but I'm almost sure she's in the Raleigh/Durham area.

we were both right. Her bio at the end says she lives in NYC and North Carolina.

I emailed Lynette and have already heard back from her. She is not in NY this week. She does know how to contact a few alums in NYC. I'll see if she'll share any contact info. I queried the alumni directory and found 19 alums in NYC. If a plan firms up I'll send them a note telling them what's up. Good call Terry.

And yes, I have first hand confirmation from Lynette that she is only there part-time. Isn't it nice when everyone is right AND we can prove it?

I'm not going to be able to monitor the board tomorrow. I sent you a private message. If anything materializes please contact me. Otherwise, look for me on the message board during the game.

Attention all New York City ORU fans. We will be watching the game together at

Mustang Sally's

324 Seventh Ave (Between 28th and 29th )

212-695-3806.

We will be meeting at 6:30 to make sure we have a table by tip-off.

Please spread the word. Everyone is welcome. We look forward to seeing you there.

If you have any questions please e-mail me at BTokarski@Gmail.com

I have my blackberry so I should be able to quickly reply