Post Game Interview with HC Sutton

Dr. Cornelius

All of what you are saying is true. It is especially noticeable on the video. The interesting thing about UMKC is that in spite of having several different coaches during ORU's tenure in the conference they've always played that way. A few years back Marchello Vealy was pretty severely injured by a cheap shot in a scrum over a lose ball, I think it was. They were just living up to their reputation, and may have given it a little bit extra knowing that was likely the last meeting of the two teams for a long time.

Also, I thought that the way their coach went absolutely ballistic about certain calls by the officials was ridiculous. If you want to be taken seriously you have to know the right times to respond. After a number or years as a head coach, this guy obviously still doesn't.

There's a lot of back story between our KC guys and theirs: some of them were high school teammates, high school opponents, AAU teammates and opponents, etc. Doesn't mean they all don't get along off the court, but considering our domination the past few years, it was a classic case of familiarity breeding contempt.

As for Matt Brown: one of the bigger idiots in college basketball. Still "in over his head" years after being hired. Only reason they haven't fired him is they don't want to spend the money to pay him off and hire someone new. When they finally do (this season?), they need to take a long, hard look at either Tom Hankins or Sean Sutton - one of those two guys could take them to another level.

Thanks dr. cornelius. Asst. Sid Rob Walden recently helped me with my audio upload capability. I record everything on site. If there's anything you want to hear let me know. Look for more audio postings on my twitter as the season rolls along. Thanks for the kind words folks.

I like what Coach Sutton had to say after saturday's game, even though he did sound too hard on himself and the team. There was a lot of sloppy play and garbage time against both UMKC and South Dakota As a coach, he gets it, but I think he wants to make sure the guys don't lose the edge they've been playing with over the past month.

DoMo is playing like a guy who now fully knows what his game is. He's one of those rare players that if he's "even" with a defender (or two), you're already beat. Hard to guard that.

Thanks dr. cornelius. Asst. Sid Rob Walden recently helped me with my audio upload capability. I record everything on site. If there's anything you want to hear let me know. Look for more audio postings on my twitter as the season rolls along. Thanks for the kind words folks.

As always, you're the MAN, Geoff Haxton!