Ken Holdman no longer on ORU basketball team

ORUalum

RSU is a lot like OCU was in the past, they will take ineligeable players and somehow make them eligable.... Sad case to see a grown man fail and get rewarded for it, that right there is what is wrong with society today!

RSU is a lot like OCU was in the past, they will take ineligeable players and somehow make them eligable.... Sad case to see a grown man fail and get rewarded for it, that right there is what is wrong with society today!

I'm sure you're aware that those are not D-I schools, and qualification requirements are quite different.

To say what has happened with Ken is what's wrong with society may be a bit of an overstatement.

Holdman, whether or not he puts on an ORU jersey next season, is one of our own. I'm proud of what he accomplished while he was a Golden Eagle and wish him the absolute best moving forward.

Ken is a sweet kid, never gave the coaches a bit of trouble, and NOBODY worked harder when it came to basketball.

For whatever reasons, he didn't make his grades. It happens to kids all over campus, and all over the country, for a variety of reasons.

Wish him nothing but the best at Rogers State with head coach Justin Barkley. The Hillcats are going Division II - not sure if we can continue to play them in the preseason, but I hope we do, and if so I hope Ken is healthy and playing for them next November when they visit the Mabee Center.

I have heard nothing but good things about Ken. He has never been a problem and always handled himself well. Holdman is quiet and seems introspective; some kids are just not great students. I am glad he gets to stay local and hopes he has a great season with RSU next year.

Holdman, whether or not he puts on an ORU jersey next season, is one of our own. I'm proud of what he accomplished while he was a Golden Eagle and wish him the absolute best moving forward.

Amen, brother. I had a special fondness for Ken because Ken graduated HS the same year as my oldest (or maybe the year after), and they used to face off on the court from time to time, when BA played Tulsa East Central. Gave me a little extra connection to him.

Feel like I'm taking his leaving a little harder than I have others in the past.

Ken is a sweet kid, never gave the coaches a bit of trouble, and NOBODY worked harder when it came to basketball.

For whatever reasons, he didn't make his grades. It happens to kids all over campus, and all over the country, for a variety of reasons.

Wish him nothing but the best at Rogers State with head coach Justin Barkley. The Hillcats are going Division II - not sure if we can continue to play them in the preseason, but I hope we do, and if so I hope Ken is healthy and playing for them next November when they visit the Mabee Center.

That will be a bittersweet moment - even more so than with Sylvester Spicer. In Spicer's case we were really happy to see him succeeding. With Kenny we'll be remembering what was and thinking about what might have been.