Ken Holdman no longer on ORU basketball team

ORUalum

(excerpt)

Injured guard Ken Holdman is no longer a part of the Oral Roberts basketball program, due to academic issues, ORU head coach Scott Sutton said Monday.

The athletic, cat-quick, 6-foot senior from East Central High School was sitting out the 2011-12 season after undergoing surgery for a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, sustained in a Nov. 5 exhibition game.

Holdman said last week he expected to return next season to play one final year with the Golden Eagles. Now, there are indications that he will enroll at another four-year school within the region, although Holdman could not be reached Monday for comment.

“I love Ken Holdman, and I’ll do anything I can for him in the future,†Sutton said. “He was a big part of this program. He helped us win a lot of games, and it saddens me that it came to this. I wish him the best.â€

FULL ARTICLE

This is a very sad story and has dampened TheEagleman's spirits tonight..... :-( ......Ken Holdman wasn't may favorite player as a freshman but he won me over two years ago and it was a terrible blow when he blew out his knee in November.....what happened and where will he go?....I guess it's all the more important that we get Jackson and Billbury eligible next season.....those kids will have to give ORU a lot of minutes unless we can find a way to get Rod Pearson a 7th year..... :razz:

Wow! It's very disappointing to lose Ken. He would have been in line to start next year. Maybe he lost focus on his studies when he couldn't play. D.J. Jackson and Manghum will have to step up. Ken you will be missed.

That's a crying shame.

I always liked Ken. Hate to see him go, and I wish him the very best.

Hopefully this won't be as big a blow to our chances for next year as it appears to be now, but needless to say point guard just became a real area of concern for 2012-13.

That's a crying shame.

I always liked Ken. Hate to see him go, and I wish him the very best.

Hopefully this won't be as big a blow to our chances for next year as it appears to be now, but needless to say point guard just became a real area of concern for 2012-13.

a guaranteed starting spot should land a decent JUCO PG

time to go find another Tyrone Tiggs...best home town ever -- Two Egg, Florida.

Where's Arnold Dugger when you need him?...... :nerd:

Sad news indeed. It has to be very tough on a varsity athlete to sit out a season. Appreciate what Ken did for the Eagles and hope the best for him. Gotta be hard on the coaches as well.

Very sad news. Ken was going to be a team leader next year; it was his chance to make a mark. I am not sure I have seen any ORU player as fast as Ken; his speed was absolutely disruptive.

I hope Ken can find a place at NSU or Rogers State - and also work to finish his degree.

So what would have happened if he was playing this year? Would he have been ineligible at Christmas break?

I wonder what the real story behind this is. Hopefully he saw how good the new guys were and thought he wasn't going to get to play any next year....

As sad as I am for Ken and next year's team, I am glad that ORU makes kids go to class and do their school work.

Says a lot about the principles of our coaching staff. We may not win every game, but we do things the right way.