Satisfied?

Me neither:

Michael Peters

Sports Editor

Tulsa World

michael.peters@tulsaworld.com

• Upvote 1

where did they put TU?

it may have been poor placement because it was a road game.

at the end of the day, how many people get their news from the newspaper in their driveway?

if ORU continues to win, the local press will be forced to cover them more prominently.

TU was on the front page - for the second Sunday in a row.

OK, that's a joke. Both had road conference games and both won. The difference is that ORU is 100 pts higher in RPI and sporting a nine game winning streak. Not sure how they justify putting TU on page 1 and ORU on page 7. I'll be interested to hear how they reply to you OT. I hope you will let us know their justification.

Perhaps it is bigger news that TU won on the road because it was more unexpected. At this point I guess it is expected that ORU will win a conference road game. While our placement is not favorable when all 4 teams have played on the same day, our placement has been favorable on other days with less competition . They are also trying to give the Chili Bowl racing a lot of coverage this weekend as well.

I just shot Michael Peters an email, requesting for better coverage.

They are going to feature what they think the people want. But what do you think would generate more interest from the Tulsa citizens?

Exhibit A: A struggling 9-9 TU team who eeks out a victory vs. a mediocre ECU team, with very little potential of any post-season appearance or success, while all watching a below average coach underperform.

OR,

Exhibit B: A hot ORU team steamrolling their conference, who hasn't seen success like this since 72-73, with one of the most prolific scorers in college basketball, while also winning it's way towards a top-50 opponent in the bracketbuster, and expected 13 seed in the NCAA AND potential at large bid (yea, I said it).

Maybe it's my homerism, but this sounds like a no-brainer.

People should e-mail... But the Tulsa World does not respect ORU. They are inept and would rather run articles about TU being 9-9, Bob Stoop's shoe size, & that vertically challeged "player" at OSU.

You can get more ORU coverage from national sources than our home town paper. Even when we have a huge winning streak and a scorer like DoMo.

TU must have more influential alumni on the Tulsa World Staff.....that newspaper is becoming irrelavent anyway..... :puke:

It's a little scary getting a "Tweet" from a sports editor saying "You're team is having a great season".

I guess spell check doesn't catch everything... :$