Silence

dsummitfan

i still think this team will be ok come conference tournament time. as long as they protect the home court and split on the road they will have 1 or 2 seed for the tournament. then it comes down to winning three games in Sioux Falls. there is too much talent for them not to finish first or second.

OT, you have a good point. As a long-time reader, and infrequent poster, I find myself “filtering†the comments on this forum, to get down to the core of the issue, and avoid the emotional outcry. The men’s forum is obviously much more interesting and informative … and entertaining to read … and is much more heavily used and objective.

To your point, maybe that’s why nobody was posting anything on the IUPUI game before, during or immediately after the game … because the family-member-fans had little to say. What could you say? The only positive I could find was that Georgia Jones seemed to keep charging forward, even when we were buried. Jordan Pyle seemed to play reasonably tough, too. But, nothing else was there, and there was no post-game show commentary to try and make some sense out of the outcome.

I agree with ORUalum, it’s all about a decent seeding and playing well in March (which has been our Achilles heel.) If the women win the next 5-games (as they should), then maybe we’ll all have a different perspective … Meanwhile, we have the men’s team and their games and entertainment value to keep us optimistic about Sioux Falls in March…

I know for a FACT that coaches and players read these boards. For a FACT.

Don't know about Kevin Durant or NBA players. I don't know them.

I do know and have known ORU coaches, players, and various staff members for 20+ years. From basketball, to soccer, to volleyball, to baseball. Now, not ALL of them read it. But, MANY of them do.

Not trying to be a jerk or be argumentative. Just stating a FACT.

So you have seen players and coaches reading the message boards?

I can guarantee you that players, family members, and staff members read message boards. This one is no exception.

Personally, I prefer not to criticize players or coaches. That said, we really might want to consider changing our offensive and defensive strategies at this point. What we are doing doesn't seem to be working. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying I dislike the system we are running, but maybe we don't have the weapons to run it successfully this year...

What changed from last year to this year? Not one player graduated and the only one that left never had any playing time (Cergol). Perhaps other teams have figured it out. Interestingly, I have heard more than once the radio announcer from the other team refer to ORU's defense as "great".

so r2b1 that would mean that you are either an oposing fan or someone who pays to watch the games online via the opposing teams website? That is the only way that you would hear the opposing teams announcer. You can always listen to the oru announcer on the web or orus site. So that in return would mean, that you have a high interest in watching the away games that you are maybe not able to go to!!! What drives you to be so interested in ORU womens basketball?

Tonight's game at WIU would be a good time for the ORU ladies to turn things around....especially with a bunch of home games coming up over the next few weeks, I think 6 of the next 8 are at Mabee Center.....time for Kevi and the girls to get on a roll....I know it's been a rough 6 weeks or so but TheEagleman isn't giving up just yet!.... :clap:

Good Job Eagleman, maybe we can bring the positive attitude back to this forum, seems like susie and her family would rather blame someone else for their lackluster efforts. This team has amazing potential, from what I have read I believe injuries have played into their downfall quite a bit!

so r2b1 that would mean that you are either an oposing fan or someone who pays to watch the games online via the opposing teams website? That is the only way that you would hear the opposing teams announcer. You can always listen to the oru announcer on the web or orus site. So that in return would mean, that you have a high interest in watching the away games that you are maybe not able to go to!!! What drives you to be so interested in ORU womens basketball?

ipfw. lol. 6-day poster.

So you have seen players and coaches reading the message boards?

Over the years, I have had MANY players and coaches talk to me about what I and others posted on the message board. Also, see Old Titan's post earlier in this thread.

The same applies to the TU message board, with some of their fans, coaches, & players.

What changed from last year to this year? Not one player graduated and the only one that left never had any playing time (Cergol). Perhaps other teams have figured it out. Interestingly, I have heard more than once the radio announcer from the other team refer to ORU's defense as "great".

We are giving up nearly 70 points per game. Not sure I'd classify our defense as 'great'?

Perhaps, other teams 'figuring us out' is a plausible explanation...

Either way, something is missing. The good news is that historically, Fink's teams play their best ball near the end of the season. Not always, but he generally gets the best his team has to offer by February.

voice! weren't you kicked off of the TU chat forum?

Haha!! Guess I need to remind you, dsummitfan, this is the ORU board! We consider it a badge of honor getting kicked off that other board.

The closest voice ever got to being kicked off here was when he came around impersonating "Nacho Libre" and got everybody all stirred up . . .

It wasn't pretty. :tmi: