Silence

dsummitfan

Seemingly, the perfect storm! When Kevi is not scoring this team (including the coaches) are clueless. No back up offense plan whatsoever....then everything goes downhill.

What a disappointment....is it the players?....the coach?....a combination of both?......what happened to Kevi yesterday?... :-(

What a disappointment....is it the players?....the coach?....a combination of both?......what happened to Kevi yesterday?... :-(

Well, 2 for 12 is what happened and the coaches have no alternate plan

This team cannot rebound, can't play consistent defense and, when Kevi's shot isn't falling they don't know what else to do (neither players or coaches). Congrats to Jordan and Georgia for putting in a solid effort.

There might be one bright spot... this could be the first game from Balla without a turnover...

I would say that all teams will hvae shortfalls. Look at the Kansas Jayhawks mens basketball team. They seem to always lose 1 or two games a year that they shouldn't at all lose. It is hard for any team to get up and 100% prepared for 30+ games each year!

I do not think that bad mouthing the coaches or players is going to help the situation at all.. This is the time that they need your support more than ever!

• Upvote 1

I would say that all teams will hvae shortfalls. Look at the Kansas Jayhawks mens basketball team. They seem to always lose 1 or two games a year that they shouldn't at all lose. It is hard for any team to get up and 100% prepared for 30+ games each year!

I agree, but I do not think this team is playing up to their potential.

I do not think that bad mouthing the coaches or players is going to help the situation at all.. This is the time that they need your support more than ever!

I didn't see any bad mouthing, just stating facts and opinions. Besides, I seriously doubt the coach and players are reading posts in this forum.

I agree, but I do not think this team is playing up to their potential.

I didn't see any bad mouthing, just stating facts and opinions. Besides, I seriously doubt the coach and players are reading posts in this forum.

Why wouldn't the players and especially some of there parents read this forum?

We know in the past that some of the girl friend of the men's team have read and posted, so it wouldn't be surprising if some of the boyfriends of the women's team read the forum also.

I can guarantee you that players, family members, and staff members read message boards. This one is no exception.

Personally, I prefer not to criticize players or coaches. That said, we really might want to consider changing our offensive and defensive strategies at this point. What we are doing doesn't seem to be working. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying I dislike the system we are running, but maybe we don't have the weapons to run it successfully this year...

How are you going to guarantee that? I seriously doubt many people even know this message board exists, including players. There are barely a handful of people that even post. It isn't like this team has a huge following to begin with. I would guess that almost half the viewers on this forum are fans of the opposing teams that have more active fan participation.

I think you are wrong - players and coaches are too busy in the season with school commitments, practice, games, travel, etc to bother with this message board. Message boards are for fans - not actual participants. I guess next you are gonna tell me that KD and Russell Westbrook spend their time reading OKCThunderfans.com in their spare time. LOL. Give me a break!

We have over 1,000 members on this board. In the past 15 minutes there have been 57 visitors. We KNOW that the men's coaches read the board because they have responded to things that have been said on the board. Case in point - several years ago, when the team was on the floor at the time of the Pledge of Allegiance, there was discussion on the board about how apathetic and inattentive the team was during the pledge. THE VERY NEXT GAME they were lined up and saluting in appropriate fashion. That is just one of NUMEROUS times that we've seen a response to conversations on the board.

In the message board's original format there was just one basketball board - and we discussed both men's and women's teams. This board exists at the express request of Jerry Finkbeiner.

Whether they read or not, I don't know. But I SURE wouldn't guarantee you that they don't.

How are you going to guarantee that? I seriously doubt many people even know this message board exists, including players. There are barely a handful of people that even post. It isn't like this team has a huge following to begin with. I would guess that almost half the viewers on this forum are fans of the opposing teams that have more active fan participation.

I think you are wrong - players and coaches are too busy in the season with school commitments, practice, games, travel, etc to bother with this message board. Message boards are for fans - not actual participants. I guess next you are gonna tell me that KD and Russell Westbrook spend their time reading OKCThunderfans.com in their spare time. LOL. Give me a break!

I know for a FACT that coaches and players read these boards. For a FACT.

Don't know about Kevin Durant or NBA players. I don't know them.

I do know and have known ORU coaches, players, and various staff members for 20+ years. From basketball, to soccer, to volleyball, to baseball. Now, not ALL of them read it. But, MANY of them do.

Not trying to be a jerk or be argumentative. Just stating a FACT.

“Silence†… Back to the original question asked on Sunday morning … “…I guess everyone is still in shock.â€

I was in shock about how we could lose to IUPUI … on the road, or not. This team that started the season with so much promise, and such high expectations (and justifiably so!) … have been a “surprise team†for sure! With their last two years results during the regular season, and the same gals back again, with some new recruits for reinforcement … They keep surprising me for the inconsistency of their play. When they get beat, it is often an ugly whipping! I’m sure they are feeling the pain of disappointment and disgust with their own team-play in certain games over the last couple of months.

We started the year with a 5-0 record … Since then they are 5-7 with bad loses to Tulsa, Grambling, UMKC, and now IUPUI (Plus a couple of ugly losses to big-time programs – Arkansas and Kansas). I hope they did some real soul-searching on their bus trip to Western Illinois for tonight’s game. By “normal standards†they should win the next 5-games and get their confidence back before they have to play the Dakota’s in the tundra.

Obviously there are a lot of games to play and they can get back to the top … If they “play like champions†… Which is something they haven’t done in quite awhile. I think they will beat Western Illinois tonight and get a run going again. These “two game winning streaks†is not enough anymore! It's time to leave it all on the floor!

Good post, EaglesFan. But, I don't think it's a matter of effort. This team seems to be full of girl's that play hard and give good effort. In my opinion, they just don't have the skill set to 'run & gun' and play that zone trap.

I like the 'concept' of playing that way, but if you don't have the skill set to run it successfully, you need to go another route.

Put a couple of Claudia Louis' and a couple of deadly 3-point shooters on the floor and we could run this system. We just don't have enough post depth/athleticism and consistent outside shooting...in my humble opinion. But, I sell shirts for a living, so what do I know???

I am always struck by the contrast in tone on this forum as compared to the Men's Basketball forum.

I am convinced that, for several years, many of the more opinionated posters on this forum are not so much ORU Basketball fans as they are fans - or, more specifically, family members - of certain girls on the team.

They burn brightly on here for the three or four years that their little "Susie" is on the squad, more often than not complaining about her lack of playing time, or the production of the other girls, or how bad a coach Jerry Finkbeiner is.

Then, they disappear once Susie is gone, except for the occasional "See? I told you so!"-type post once or twice a year.

Frankly, have no tolerance for them. I find it frustrating to engage them in any kind of objective discourse about how the team is doing, because they have such an agenda when it comes to Susie, that it blinds them to the bigger picture.

And, it's not limited to the Women's Basketball forum - I see it (though to a lesser degree) on the Baseball and Golf message boards, also.

Also, it's not uncommon on the message boards of other schools, some of which have had some famous dust-ups with players' relatives (See: "Clarke, Conley" at Arkansas, TU, OU, OSU, etc.)

But I wonder why we NEVER see it on the Men's Basketball board at ORU?

And I wonder why it's so pervasive with women's sports, as opposed to men's?

Maybe Daddy or Grandma just feel like they HAVE to defend their little girl, even though she is now a young lady?

Just sayin'...

P.S. I have walked in on coaches in their office reading the message boards, I have had coaches ask me about something they read on the message board, I have had coaches tell me a player was bothered/flattered by something they read on the message board, I have heard coaches comment on a message board rumor or opinion on the radio and in print, I have had media members tell me that a coach or player mentioned something they read on the message board, I have had fans tell me a coach mentioned something to them about a message board post...need I continue?

They're human - they read it. Some more than others, but the one's that don't, hear about what's written from the one's that do. It's a given...

P.S. I have walked in on coaches in their office reading the message boards, I have had coaches ask me about something they read on the message board, I have had coaches tell me a player was bothered/flattered by something they read on the message board, I have heard coaches comment on a message board rumor or opinion on the radio and in print, I have had media members tell me that a coach or player mentioned something they read on the message board, I have had fans tell me a coach mentioned something to them about a message board post...need I continue?

They're human - they read it. Some more than others, but the one's that don't hear about what's written from the one's that do. It's a given...

Yep.